Friday, November 6, 2009

A Light Heart?






ALOHA!





It's Friday here in



H O N O L U L U




W E L C O M E!
So Glad YOU Could Make It!


"In a country well governed,
poverty is something to be ashamed of.
In a country badly governed,
wealth is something to be ashamed of."
-Kung Fu Tzu (Confucious)










"What must I allow to die today
in order to generate more life
tomorrow."
Clara Pinkola Estes,
Jungian





"Our battered suitcases were piled on the sidewalk again;
we had longer ways to go. But no matter, the road is life."
Jack Kerouac."





















The Egyptians taught
That after death
One’s heart would be weighed in the balance
Against a feather
That symbol of high places
And lightness.
What is a light heart?
Perhaps it is one that loves life
One that takes difficulties easily
And so lightens them.
A heart that loves deeply
Seems to fly
And so rightly rises
In the eyes of the gods
When weighed against a feather.
A L O H A! Cloudia

13 comments:

SandyCarlson said...

I think you are right. I think that is the attitude of heart to grow toward.

Reader Wil said...

A light heart is something we all want to have. Thanks for your visit! Have a light heart this weekend and always!

Anonymous said...

I love enlarging your pics and looking at the little things in Hawaiian life. Amazing ridges in the mountains above the small houses. Can I buy and renovate one of those houses? Are the ridges from blasting? I liked the different view of Diamond Head. Keep the giant gecko away from Pirate Kitty! My co-worker's name is Kalani, but he has a 30 pound Boston bulldog. And I wish I could get my heart lighter...what a nice challenge for improvement. DrumMajor

magiceye said...

a light heart is the one that is not weighed down by guilt and hatred but one that believes in giving away all the love that it can...

namaste /\
aloha!

the walking man said...

Fear nothing, not even the judgment of them doing the weighing, and there is no weight to the heart.

Elizabeth Bradley said...

I've been thinking about this lately. I am attempting to lighten up. Thank you Cloudia! Have a lovely weekend.

Jenn Jilks said...

As always, enlightening and uplifting. I have sent you an e-mail, ignore it if you are not intersted!

Barbara Martin said...

A light heart is where negativity throughout life is at a minimum or not at all.

Erik Donald France said...

Salud! T'is a bright morning and another glowing day . . .

Kay said...

Have a great weekend, Cloudia.

Fireblossom said...

The only thing I know about Egyptians is that all the cops at the donut shop say wayyyy ohhh way ohhh and

walk like an egyptian ;-)

Barbara Martin said...

Having a light heart allows a person to move forward.

Cloudia said...

You folks are awesome!