Thursday, March 12, 2009

Blog Drive

Click on photos to enlarge!Pali Highway "Windshield Shot"


"What is the difference between unethical and ethical advertising? Unethical advertising uses falsehoods to deceive the public; ethical advertising uses truth to deceive the public."
Vilhjalmur Stefansson


Wheeeeeeee!



Do you think this person loves Hula?

"The scientific theory I like best is that the rings of Saturn are composed entirely of lost airline luggage."
Mark Russell


Banana truck!


This activity of blogging goes WAY beyond what anybody is saying or thinking. It is nothing less than a world wide nervous system in which all sorts of people see, think, and feel what someone very far away (and often very different) is seeing, thinking and feeling.




Every day I visit England, Pennsylvania, Mumbai, Crete, Texas, Toronto, Hong Kong, Tennessee, Louisiana, and New York CITY! And in each place I "talk story" with a person of heart and mind. Often a picture or an idea stays in my mind all day.



John Gardner once wrote:


"To write with taste, in the highest sense, is to write with the assumption that one out of a hundred people who read one's work may be dying, or have some loved one dying; to write so that no one commits suicide, no one despairs; to write as Shakespeare wrote, so that people understand, sympathize, see the universality of pain, and feel strengthened, if not directly encouraged to live on."


Each reader is a gift. They bring their time, they open their hearts, and come along the path of our words willingly. Thank you my readers - especially those of you who are also writers. We carry on the conversation, and perhaps we are each grace notes in a world filling symphony.
A L O H A! Cloudia




15 comments:

the walking man said...

For the reader, blogging can be a form of voyeurism to match the writers exhibitionist tendency. But the interplay is best when the topic is hard and the dialog is restrained.

I always wonder why some topics will draw certain folks to comment and other topics send those same readers running for cover.

If I write florid poetry or strike a chord for harmony many will spend time weighing in. I love the comments, it is important feedback, yet at the same time when the topic is difficult and I write about it in a cycle of a few days I see the restraint in them who comment and do notice them who don't.

The world I live in is not all warm and fuzzy and if nothing else I must display the world I live in.

claude said...

Hi Cloudia !
I like very much the pink truck.
I hope the banatree has bee planted. I have some in my garden. Actually they are under bubble paper. We got a very very cold winter and I hope they will re live very soon.

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed your post today. It smacks me between the eyes because many of the points in it are things I have tried to figure out without much success. Charlie is a blog about a young woman who raised and lives with a coyote and she wrote a book about it. She got so many comments each day that she finally shut comments off and now people are kept up to date by subscribing to her email list.

Another is the lady who lives in a ranch and talks about things like cutting off calve's nuts and Photoshop, and cooking. She gets thousands of comments and has been on television at least once.

We all strike out for things and search around and sometimes we come across a formula that really works. Your commenter, "the walking man" said it best in the second paragraph.

Thanks for your visits.

And, the last time I was in your state was 1955 and the beach was clean and nobody much was there. No stores or shops like nowadays.

Bubblewench said...

I really can't explain the peace and happiness I feel whenever I see this blog or your name in my email. You really make me smile.


I too travel the world the same way you do.

Any specific PA sites I can take pics of for you?

Daryl said...

I love sharing my view of my city and I am tickled you like it .. I come here for my daily shot of sun AND Cloudia .. a day without you isnt a good day ... even if I dont have time to comment I visit ...

Brother Tobias said...

I'd love to be a grace note. Actually, I think I'm the clatter when the conductor drops his baton. But someone's got to do it.

Love the windscreen pics; reminds me of driving through Glen Coe.

Charles Gramlich said...

Well said. I hadn't really thought of it in quite that way. I love the metaphor of a worldwide nervous system.

Anonymous said...

Love the smiles and the warmth here (as always!) Lost luggage, indeed!!

Junosmom said...

I am often right on the verge of quitting, thinking I am spending too much time on this "hobby" of mine. And then, someone will tell me how I made them laugh or lifted up their day, how much they appreciate it. I know it is a small population, but still, I made a difference for at least one person that one day. And so I write.

And you, my friend, are my escape to a place I've always wanted to go, and perhaps a second life I've wanted to live. Keep writing!

Loved the first quote.

Akelamalu said...

It's always such a pleasure to visit you Cloudia. :)

I love that lvhula registration plate! :)

magiceye said...

well said! and truly so!
love to visit you blog which exudes so much warmth and happiness always!

sealaura said...

ooooh I love that pink truck. I am always amazed by all the inspiration you have on your blog. GRacias for sharing it. un abrazo muy fuerte de Socal!

Feisty Crone said...

Wonderful post, Cloudia. Thank you, for your words, your thoughts, and mostly for sharing your life with us.

Barbara Martin said...

All your words speak the truth.

Anonymous said...

I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.


Sarah

http://laptopseries.net