Thursday, April 23, 2009

Defiant Green

Aloha, Welcome!
Click on photos to enlargeTubers
"The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues."
Elizabeth Taylor






Washington Place, Queen Emma's Home

till she died in 1917

“A beautiful lady is an accident of nature. A beautiful old lady is a work of art.”
Louis Nizer



Self Portrait with Fallen Lei

“The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love, and to let it come in.”

Morrie Schwartz




I find small pleasures where I may. Today my finger nails are painted shiny, greenish, defiant gold.




When I was young and feckless

the mature couples I saw

sitting quietly in a restuarant

seemed sad

and lacking anything

to say.


Now I know

the pleasure

of simply be-ing

together

when nothing

needs

be said.
A L O H A! Cloudia

9 comments:

claude said...

Today I unsdertood very well the three quotes. I love them.
I can not paint my handnails because of the gardening. I only paint my toenails in dark red.

the walking man said...

I do not paint my nails but I live in defiance without color except in language.

I find that the art of listening to my woman is best practiced in complete silence, she is also adept at this.

Deborah Godin said...

Defiant nailpolish is the only kind to buy! Great post as always!!

Anonymous said...

Powerful words. Always a pleasure to come here. Thank you.

Cloudia said...

Bonjour, Claude!

Walking Man: Great relationship you have.

Deborah: Yeah, Sistah!

Tricia: Thanks, writer gal ;-)

Akelamalu said...

We're at that stage too - wonderful isn't it? :)

Rufus said...

Love you, Ake!

Feisty Crone said...

Defiant nail polish is made by Revlon, right? :)

And so true about just be-ing.

Bubblewench said...

Love the self portrait..

And the gold nails..