Sunday, April 12, 2009

The First Day Of

Click on photos to enlarge! "Our true nature is not some ideal that we have to live up to. It's who we are right now, and that's what we can make friends with and celebrate."
K.D. Singh

"The one who claims knowledge, has no knowledge; but the person who claims nothing, knows."
Hindu Scripture


"If you want to become whole,
let yourself be partial.
If you want to become straight,
let yourself be crooked.
If you want to become full,
let yourself be empty.
If you want to be reborn,
let yourself die.
If you want to be given everything,
give everything up."
Tao Te Ching,
S. Mitchell translation
A L O H A!
Cloudia

12 comments:

Dina said...

Your world is so inviting.
That ceiling is amazing.
And all your philosophy quoted here is true.
Happy Easter Day.

the walking man said...

I know nothing and in the knowing of nothing I know that incredibly light feeling of traveling with no baggage.

Aloha Cloudia...Mahalo for your daily thoughts.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful post-- as always.

SandyCarlson said...

Happy Easter, my friend!

The passage from the Tao felt like the Beatitudes! A beautiful passage.

Thanks.

magiceye said...

food for thought and a feast for the eyes!

Daryl said...

Aloha! Lovely photos ..I love the rainbow on the ceiling!

Happy Easter!

Charles Gramlich said...

Well, the philosophy sounds nice. Not sure I understand it.

The Weaver of Grass said...

Hi Cloudia. Happy Easter to you. Just looking at your header is soothing today - such a lovely, peaceful view. It is a lovely day here in the UK too - most unusual for us to have a sunny Easter.

Feisty Crone said...

I love the Hindu Scripture quote. When I went to college, in my 40s, I realized how little I would always know. No matter how much education I obtained!

And thanks, as always, for the pictures of the water--it looks so warm!

Anonymous said...

Just had to visit you on this Easter Day Cloudia.
Happy Easter from a dull wet day in England.

Anonymous said...

Cool photos....now I haven't even had anything to drink, and I thought the ceiling picture was outside, with a high-rise building on the left and a halo through the lens around a hazy moon overhead....I need my cataract surgery, a vacation, or both...but I DO like my mind just warped enough to see other things...DrumMajor

David Cranmer said...

Happy Easter Cloudia!