Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Specimen Suite

Aloha, Namaste, Welcome!
Click on photos to enlarge "A person isn't who they are during the last conversation you had with them - they're who they've been throughout your whole relationship."
Rainer Maria Rilke




"Love consists in this, that two solitudes protect and touch and greet each other."
Rainer Maria Rilke


Dina (http://jerusalemhillsdailyphoto.blogspot.com/) What does this say?"


"Perhaps all the dragons of our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us once beautiful and brave."

"Perhaps everything terrible is in its deepest being something helpless that wants help from us."

"Spring has returned. The Earth is like a child that knows poems."
Rainer Maria Rilke







A Poet is "a Maker."



Who builds a little machine;
Seasons with surprise
Bringing illumination
a tiny, repeatable form.


Bottled sunrise
Cultured yet direct
Words like precious pebbles
Surface planes and textures,
Angles perfect to the hand
like cherished memories.



This is the golden moment.
"Thank you"
bubbles up
like contentment soup.



This is the Golden
Moment.
Come
let us teach
each other
to live.
Inspired by the poetry of Joe Saling.
A L O H A! Cloudia

23 comments:

Dina said...

Contentment soup, I like that.

The sign says "Shmor merchak," asking other vehicles to keep a safe distance, i.e. not to tailgate.

the walking man said...

I beg to differ with Dina...the bumper sticker says...

"I am the dufus who aimed the exhaust at my leg."

The odd thing about words and the way they are used is that fights and wars are started by them, but rarely is the peace found through words.

Dave King said...

Loved the poem. I shall have to look up this Saling if s/he can inspire such results.

Bubblewench said...

Love it! It's so great when wonderful things bubble up..

Dina said...

Yeah, really. Like the Walking Man, I wondered about the strange exhaust. ??
I don't know about Hawaii, but any other place outside of Israel, to put out a sign in Hebrew is asking for trouble.
In 1967 in Chicago I put the name of my Honda, Ari, in masking tape letters on the bike. One day I found the Hebrew letters re-arranged into a swastika.

Anonymous said...

Namaste !

Anonymous said...

That beach shot is incredible. That, along with the inspiring poetry gives my day the perfect start. Thanks.

Joe said...

Words like precious pebbles--Beautiful, Cloudia.

Let us indeed learn from each other how to live.

I'm impressed by the poem. I am also humbled. Nicely done, Cloudia.

Aloha.

Joe

Charles Gramlich said...

I like the poem. Very nice.

Raph G. Neckmann said...

Lovely poem, Cloudia! I love '"Thank you" bubbles up like contentment soup.'

I also like the second Rilke quote - the best love maintains and fulfils the persons' solitude.

Deborah Godin said...

Loved the poem, and the pretty curve of the beach!! Made my (rainy chilly) day!

Daryl said...

Back from holiday, trying to catch up ...

Akelamalu said...

Contentment soup - what a comforting thought! :)

Yolanda said...

I always enjoy my visits and your visits too. Have a lovely week.

Cloudia said...

Dina: Thank you, Sistah. I saw this in Honolulu!!



Walking Man: I love your translation and your pondering words of wisdom - Dina's translation was litterally true. yours: existentially true ;-)

Cloudia said...

Dave King: Thank you very much!

Bubble Wench: Yeah! Bubble Bubble!


Dina: Thanks for sharing this with readers who may not realize the responsibility of "appearing Jewish" in many places! Shalom

Cloudia said...

Namaste, Dear HOBO ;-) & aloha!

Tricia: Then we're even, your comments and posts make ME happy. Brilliant!

Joe: Aloha & thanks.
NOTE THIS GUY ABOVE IS DA POET HONORED TODAY!!

Cloudia said...

Charles: I am honored by your visits and your kind comments. I'm impressed by your writing!

Ralph: Thank you, kind Giraffe!

Deb: Aloha Lake Lady ;-)

Daryl: Thanks for kindly saying "hello." We know you are just back from your trip!!

Ake: You are a charm!



Yo: Good to see your post yesterday, Luv.

Aloha & Thanks all you dear people!!

Lana Gramlich said...

"Spring has returned. The Earth is like a child that knows poems."
Rainer Maria Rilke

That's so beautiful & true! Wonderful!

SandyCarlson said...

That's what you do, Cloudia! Thanks for this post.

DeniseinVA said...

Your posts are always like sunshine Cloudia. Wonderful!

Reader Wil said...

Great shots and quotes! Thanks! Have a great day!

Feisty Crone said...

I'll have a large bowl of contentment soup, please :)

I love the Rilke quotes.

Aloha!