Friday, April 10, 2009

The very BEST Age

Click on photos to enlarge! Sea Turtle, Beth Eisenberg

“You had me at hello.”

Jerry Maguire, Film


"The fragrance always remains in the hand that gives the rose."
Heda Bejar


White Ginger

Love is being stupid together.
Paul Valery

In the classic Hollywood film, GIGI, the immortal Maurice Chevalier sings a very wise song called: "I'm glad I'm not young anymore."





There are lyrics like: "Will her friends like you; Will yours like her? Ah, I'm glad I'm not young anymore!"






Me, I enjoyed being young.





In fact, it took me a long time to outgrow my toys. Though preternaturally mature, I submerged myself in imaginative play to a late age and propitiated my dolls like touchy little gods.





How would I one day hide my play from a husband & children?!





The day came, of course, when I "outgrew" childish preoccupations, or rather forgot them for adolescent ones.





Clothes & poses,
Midnight roses
Love's neuroses
Ah! I'm glad I'm not young anymore!





A wonderful freedom accompanies maturity, I think.





You've peeked behind the curtain.





And if I want a cookie, I'll HAVE one!





So don't bemoan your age - what ever age it is!



Celebrate your simple fact of your existence,
Perhaps by savoring
a cookie ;-)
A L O H A! Cloudia

15 comments:

gigi-hawaii said...

I would love to be young and sexy again instead of this overweight oldie. haha

the walking man said...

*shrug* I am as young now as I was then and as old then as I am now...only the wrinkles have changed places.

David Cranmer said...

I just turned Jack Benny’s 39 and like that comedic master I will die forty years from now at 39.

That’s a great pic of the sea turtle.

SandyCarlson said...

So true, Cloudia. Being young is hard work. There's a lot of muck to get through in terms of working things out with others, getting along, building relationships. Getting some insight into the processes involved is tough sometimes. Coming to terms with it makes life so much easier

I enjoyed all of this post, as usual. Thanks.

Kim-QOAS said...

We all grow old by age, by the looks but not by the heart, By heart we could stay young forever:-)

Junosmom said...

I, too, find freedom in my maturity. Although I'd like the headiness of being young and sexy, I wonder if I could be that and mature at the same time? The hormones tend to get in the way.

Akelamalu said...

Oh I love this post.

I've now reached the age when the following is my mantra.....

Love like you've never been hurt.
Dance like no-one's watching.
Sing like no-one's listening.
Live like there's no tomorrow.

Barbara Martin said...

With age comes wisdom rather than the frivolity of youth.

Daryl said...

Aloha, Cloud .. lovely pix and always amazingly well placed verses

Bubblewench said...

If only I could just hug you right this moment...

Miss Pidgin said...

Hello what a great picture you have here. ;)

Anonymous said...

saw ur comment on Mumbai daily photo...about skies similiar at Waikiki and Mumbai.....probably because the latitude of Hawaii and Mumbai is very close....lat of Honolulu is 21° 20' N and that of Mumbai is 18° 54' N...just my guess...

DeniseinVA said...

I am happy happy in my skin, it's a little worn out these days and I am not as I was in my youth, but I suspect I will always be in touch with my inner child :) Great post Cloudia, your photos are always wonderful and that first one, he speaks to me :)

Anonymous said...

Wow Wow Wow...
"The fragrance always remains in the hand that gives the rose."
Heda Bejar
A standing ovation for the said lines. Beautiful !

magiceye said...

......beautiful.........


namaste and aloha