Wednesday, May 6, 2009

A Simple Stroll

Aloha Welcome!
Click on photos to enlarge "There is one piece of advice, in a life of study, which I think no one will object to; and that is, every now and then to be completely idle - to do nothing at all."
Sydney Smith
Shadow Play

"As the shadow follows the body, As we think, so we become."
Buddha






"Every doorway, every intersection has a story." Katherine Dunn




"Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing."
Camille Pissarro




History, beauty, sustenance, & aloha, all offer themselves freely under isle skies.
Here in Hawaii living a rich life is less about money than it is in most other places.
Sure, our visitors and we can find here all the things that money can buy (in abundance!) but Honolulu's real treasure is found in our environment, and in each other; it's about attitude, engagement and down-home enjoyment of all the cultures that make up our unique chop-suey island. . . the sorts of things you discover. . . when you're walki in Waikiki. A l o h a ! Cloudia

19 comments:

Reader Wil said...

It's good to write about your island as much as possible, for nothing lasts forever. What remains are memories. Aloha, Cloudia!

Anonymous said...

I hope the spirit of Aloha and your description of the environment, attitude and approach to "living in the moment," without excess, remain forever true in Hawai'i. Mahalo, DrumMajor

the walking man said...

I can be comfortably idle...and that is a pile of wealth.

Christine Gram said...

I love the one about seeing beauty in humble places... this may become my motto.

magiceye said...

beautiful thoughts and images..

namaste /\
aloha

Anonymous said...

Fabulous sayings go with the fabulous pictures. Nice shots.

Anonymous said...

"...as we think, so we become."

What a powerful message. Thank you Cloudia.

Maria Verivaki said...

that's pretty much island life for you - from one islander to another

nonizamboni said...

Ahhh, I just took a leisurely walk in Waikiki and now I think I can face the world! Music, food, flowers--did I mention flowers?? Many thanks, Cloudia!

Jenn Jilks said...

That's you in the photo, gorgeous goddess that you are?!

We now have black flies in Muskoka. Not a pretty sight for those who choose to sunbathe. They take chunks out of you!

Daryl said...

All of life should be about those things ... sure $$$ is important but it really cant buy real happiness or contentment .. Aloha!!!!!

Deborah Godin said...

The unexpected beauty in humble places can exceed that of any palace!

Charles Gramlich said...

I'ts very very hard for me to be completely idle. Lana tells me I need to do more of that.

Anonymous said...

Well the girl at the top does look very welcoming, or should I say, inviting.

Wil Harrison.com

Akelamalu said...

It is quite often the things that money can't buy that are the most beautiful. :)

Dianne said...

lovely photos and wonderful quotes
I literally felt my spirit rise as I scrolled down
thank you

SandyCarlson said...

I love this outlook. That wealth must multiply itself every second of the day!

Feisty Crone said...

Sydney Smith makes a lot of sense to me:)

Cloudia said...

Thank you FRIENDS!!
No, the top photo isn't me, alas ;-(

LOL - Aloha!