Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Dusk Friends

Aloha. . . . .
Ah! Welcome to Waikiki at Dusk
click on photos to enlarge
Friends

"Why study Buddhist texts on impermanence when I can just sit here and watch Wednesday slip away?"

Sy Safransky



"Repeat: Do NOT take the orange barrels!"



"Art is food. You can't eat it, but it feeds you."
Bread & Puppet Theater


Big Sky, Little Red Surf Board


"When your kids are young, your reactions help shape how they perceive their experiences - whether they're going to feel good or bad about what just happened. You're the sculptor of their emotional lives. We tend to tell toddlers 'No, no no' all the time. My work made me think that there needs to be more playfulness in my parenting, more emphasis on stepping back and following the child's interests."
Barbara Fredrickson

Let the child in you run free today!
Aloha, Cloudia

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Trippy Man!

Don Wood said...

And in me too please

Anonymous said...

Gosh that looks like hotels all the way down the beach to the edge of Diamond Head. What a wonderful beach to be ruined if those are hotels. There was a time when there was a large hotel -- Royal Hawaiian -- at one end and it is still there and that was all, except there were some across the street and I have stayed in those.

I am surprised if those really are hotels on the old beach at Waikiki, that Honolulu doesn't have some kind of zoning laws to protect places like that.

Cloudia said...

Abraham Lincoln:
I blush to tell you that yes, they are hotels. the ones at the foot of Diamond Head are shocking, but all in all it's the golden beach town that folks seem to enjoy with plenty of food, Drinks and shopping near at hand.

You are blessed to remember a quieter and I think more gracious time. Thanks lots for visiting today! Aloha, Friend

Teresa said...

I love today's photos, Cloudia, and your quotes are especially good. I liked the one on Wednesday slipping away and the one on being a playful parent.

Elizabeth Bradley said...

My daughter's here with her baby and I just read that quote to her. :-)

Anonymous said...

Wonderful post as always.

Rajesh said...

Lovely set of images. The sky shots are fantastic.

Charles Gramlich said...

Play is almost always the best way to learn anything.

the walking man said...

Let the child in you run free today...and naked!

Anonymous said...

hello from the great state of Alabama. Hope all is well, and I never grew up, never plan to, I conform enough to society to keep my head above water. ;) Aloha pretty lady.

The Weaver of Grass said...

The child in me loves to run free but sometimes grinds to a halt!

Lana Gramlich said...

I love the quote about art. Very nice!

Deborah Godin said...

The barrels don't do it for me, but the cones, ah, that's another matter entirely... but I never stole one!

EG CameraGirl said...

I really like the Sy Safransky quote. I think I could sit on Waikiki beach and watch impermanence slip by.

Bubblewench said...

I think I might turn on the sprinklers and run through them. Just to be 8 again...