Friday, July 24, 2009

View Planes

A L O H A !
Glad to see YOU, Friend ;-)
click on photos to enlarge
See the tan hill, behind the white building with the red roof,
in the lower right corner? That is the Pu`u (hill) O' Kaimuki that we visited before: http://comfortspiral.blogspot.com/2009/02/climbing-puu-o-kaimuki.html



This is the view from Pu`u O Kaimuki looking
Mauka (mountainward) toward Wilhelmina Rise.

Here (from the top of the Pu`u) we look down
on the adjacent fire house tower.

On top of the Pu`u, we feel close to Diamond Head
that looms like a protective big brother-hill.



View from Wilhelmina rise makai (sea-ward) towards Diamond Head;
But where is the Pu`u? Where's the fire house tower capped with red?
Hint: The top photo is taken from the same perspective as this one.
Click on the photo to enlarge, then look at the lower-right area, and you will be at the top of this post!
Circular logic, eh?
)=(

From below, the mountains look just like toys don't they?
From the mountainside, the land below appears just as diminutive.
Things that appear so OBVIOUS to us, appear very different to those standing elsewhere.
Let's spend as much time trying to see through the eyes of the "other"
as we do trying to convince the "other" of our
correctness.
All a matter of Perspective!



A L O H A! Cloudia

24 comments:

Reader Wil said...

Clever photos Cloudia!

claude said...

Nice views, Cloudia !
You know in Martinique Island there is a rock in the see named Diamond rock (in french le Rocher du Diamant).

Dina said...

I like going around in circles with you, Cloudia. :)
These pics help a lot to get the lay of the land. Beautiful.

When I was 16, my rabbi told us kids that Jews don't kneel, not even to God, but then he whispered and said we should try it sometime because it looks a lot different from down there.

the walking man said...

I have come to see that if I close my eye to myself, quit looking at "me" that it becomes much easier to see the world through you and your eyes.

magiceye said...

awesome views!!!

namaste /\
aloha!

The Weaver of Grass said...

A very good analogy Cloudia.

Anonymous said...

Lovely !!!

Jenn Jilks said...

Lovely perspective! I love visiting your world!

Aloha, my friend.

Eric S. said...

Great post, it's not always easy to see through the eyes of others, and set aside that which we believe to be.

Akelamalu said...

Great views.

As MWM says "There are 360 ways of looking at an elephant". :)

Daryl said...

Life, I have learned, is all a matter of perspective .. and you have the best one yet! Aloha!

Anonymous said...

Great shots-- profound words = wonderful post. You've done it again Cloudia. Aloha. Have a good weekend.

Charles Gramlich said...

Perspective is everything.

Teresa said...

thanks for such a clear lesson on the meaning of perspective! Loved the pictures, loved the message.

Sandee said...

Now I want to go to Hawaii. Just saying.

Have a terrific day and weekend. :)

Elizabeth Bradley said...

I used to have a very large yard, and would often walk to the furthest corner and look at the house from that vantage point, it was just something I did.

It's like that in life too, sometimes if I'm mired in my own troubles, I get away to a completely different environment and it nudges me out of my funk.

Anonymous said...

wunderbar!!

Anonymous said...

weeeeeee!

Carol said...

It is always a point of perspective, isn't it? I am in a bottle of wine at this moment and the perspective is wonderful. All is wonderful, that is wonder full, as it should be. I hope I can get to Hawaii as it is one of my 3 hopeful destinations. My son would like to go to Winter Olympics in Vancouver because his love in life is snow boarding. And so we will go. But, to Hawaii/Grand Canyon/San Franicisco, these are my three treats.

DeniseinVA said...

Beautiful photos, as always very wise words.

SandyCarlson said...

How perception plays with us! When we are behind our cameras, the perception game is doubly intense.

Great shots, my friend.

Maria Verivaki said...

lovely mountaintop views

Cloudia said...

Thank you EACH for your dear visits and these very cool comments!!

Junosmom said...

One of the greatest annoyances to me is to meet someone that thinks they have life all figured out and here is the answer (then they tell you). I am always amazed at the number of realities there are through the lives of so many other people.