Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Clear Skies

A L O H A!
It's the 'Morning After' here in Waikiki. . .
click on photos to enter a magical realm "The truly efficient laborer will not crowd his day with work but will saunter to his task, surrounded by a wide halo of ease and leisure, and then do what he loves best."
Henry Thoreau




"An idea is not responsible for the people who believe in it."

Don Marquis

"No man ever got high by pulling other people down. The intelligent merchant does not knock his competitors. The sensible worker does not 'work' those who work with him. Don't knock your friends. Don't knock your enemies. Don't knock yourself."

Alfred Lord Tennyson

)=(

Lovely Spirit of the Earth,
of soil,
God's beloved
Rock-ribbed
spongy
fitting flesh of our experience
I live on you with gratitude.
You are within me
of which I'm made.








Lovely Water Spirit,
God's beloved,
flowing
falling
resting
patient;
Ocean, raindrop, tear
mother of life
you share the salt of the Earth.
I was born in you
and you are within me
of which I'm made.










Sacred Fire,
God's beloved,
Cold at the distance of stars:
you are the spark
the transformer
comfort and delight,
you nourish,
cleanse
destroy
and birth
in the melding of suns.
The lightning strike,
smile,
and hug
you imbue
within me of which I'm made.









Air,
God's beloved,
You
Are
!





Of which I'm made
Amen.
!

A L O H A, my friend ;-) Cloudia


27 comments:

claude said...

The second and third photos are really so beautiful.
Blue sky over here today but not coconuttrees !

Dina said...

A strong poem prayer.
Does that mean the danger has passed?

Kay said...

Thank goodness the storm missed us all, Cloudia! I was thinking about you on your boat.

Bhavesh Chhatbar said...

Aloha Cloudia. Very nice post.

Brand New Blog on Fresh Quotes

Anonymous said...

Beautiful post Cloudia. So happy it is now the 'Morning After' and all is well with you. Glorious shots of glorious skies. Aloha my friend.

Akelamalu said...

So glad to see the morning after with no damage m'dear. x

Teresa said...

The pictures are gorgeous. Glad you're safe. I love the Tennyson quote and your morning prayers.

Marguerite said...

Beautiful photos and poem. Thanks so much for visiting and adding me to your reading list, Cloudia. So glad that that the storm missed you and that all is well with you and your boat.

Mo'a said...

Lovely thoughts and your photos are gorgeous.

Daryl said...

Glad to hear things are back to 'normal' ... Aloha! xo

DT ~ RDH said...

beautiful beautiful BEAUTIFUL!!!

Anonymous said...

Focus towards ones job And an eye whats happening around without pulling someones leg is what makes a man the best in his/her job.
Great quote.
Keep writing.

Travis Erwin said...

Howdy from Texas.

Sandee said...

The calm and beauty of the morning after. Excellent.

Have a terrific day. Big hug. :)

Charles Gramlich said...

I'm not sure Tennyson's quote is correct.

Heff said...

B E L C H !

Cloudia said...

I LOVE you folks!!!!
The storm is passed;
no preparation is wasted.
Other storms may come,
but today we celebrate
another day
in Paradise.
And we are all here together!

ALOHA-

Nadya said...

Glad the storm missed you! Beautiful prayer poem - Aloha from Oregon

Elizabeth Bradley said...

I so enjoyed the photos and the poem. I needed this message today. It's clear skies for you now and that's what you deserve Cloudia.

Cloudia said...

So very glad that you 2 stopped by!

Glennis said...

Lovely pictures poems and quotes, I like Lord Tennyson best I think.

SandyCarlson said...

This post felt like one deep breath after another. So good. Thanks, Cloudia. I needed Marquis and Tennyson. But I most especially needed your wisdom. Thank you.

robert said...

So impressed, bleached mind, thank you, as it provides a comfort not felt often.

Feisty Crone said...

Amazing morning after photos, Cloudia.

Cloudia said...

Mahalo!

Reader Wil said...

Beautiful poem, very strong! I love the photos!

Junosmom said...

I am glad you're still there, friend. Do you ever have to leave the boat for shelter?