Monday, August 31, 2009

Monday Monday

A L O H A!
Here is a Hawaiian Sky Just for YOU



click on photos for ahhhh-gasm


"You ask me why I dwell in the green mountain;
I smile and make no reply for my heart is free of care.
As the peach-blossom flows down stream
and is gone into the unknown,
I have a world apart that is not among men."

Li Bai

"You find a flower half-buried in leaves,
And in your eye its very fate resides.
Loving beauty, you caress the bloom;
Soon enough, you'll sweep petals from the floor.
Terrible to love the lovely so,
To count your own years, to say "I'm old,"
To see a flower half-buried in leaves
And come face to face with what you are."
Han Shan
Translated by Peter Stambler




"No one ever told me I was pretty when I was a little girl.
All little girls should be told they are pretty, even if they aren't."
Marilyn Monroe





“A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us.
To live is to be slowly born.”
Antoine de Saint-Exupery




“The difference between what the most and the least learned people know
is inexpressibly trivial in relation to that which is unknown.”
Albert Einstein

>-+-<
Today, I am at the medical center having a colonoscopy.
This post is like those slides the TV stations used to show:
Please Forgive The Inconvenience.
Until our normal programming is continued.



Blogging is not about gem-like posts
so perfect and boring,
it is about being real.



Can't get real-er than a colonoscopy!
Your well-wishes are understood
but no less appreciated,
and no less desired.



Yes, you may leave smirky, jokey comments
at my expense.



I'll be too busy stuffing my face when I read them
to care!



So enjoy the day,
and especially the fact that it is not YOUR
colonoscopy!



Glad to be of service!
A L O H A HA HA HA!
Cloudia :-0

29 comments:

magiceye said...

love your attitude!


namaste /\
aloha!

SandyCarlson said...

Can't get realer than that is right! May it all go well, and we'll stay tuned here in Connecticut!

Kay said...

I'm all about being real in your blog. Good for you. Hope it's all good with your colonoscopy. I have a feeling, they'll be asking me about that soon. Sigh. I don't mind the actual procedure since you're pretty out for it. I DON'T like the prep!

Delwyn said...

Hi Cloudia

good luck with what my Beloved calls the 'bumcam'


Your sunset is on fire...

Happy days

Anonymous said...

Cloudia -- Love the sunset, or is that sunrise?
Glad you're gettin' checked....the prep isn't fun no matter which pills or fluid you take. Wish they could keep me asleep for a decent nap with the procedure med, though.
DrumMajor

A.Fob said...

Love the pics and the quotes!

Daryl said...

Ah well .. here's to a clean bill of health!

Dave King said...

Hoping all the b est for you. Can't fault your sentiments.

Unknown said...

aaaaaaah-gasm - ha! I like that! And the photo IS aaaah-gasm worthy, for sure!

Love the quotes as always. That Marylyn Monroe had some wise things to say!

Best of luck with the procedure. I'll be sending out good vibes to you!

The Grandpa said...

Hope every thing goes well. At least you'll get some good drugs. Aloha, Cloudia.

Charles Gramlich said...

Eek! I don't want to even think about it, although I know I will have to get one soon. Good luck!

Teresa said...

Hope the colonoscopy gives you a clean bill of health. I loved the picture of the sky and that quote that to live is to be slowly born. (I also like the Chinese poems in English...)

Sandee said...

The prep is the awful part. The colonoscopy is a walk in the park. Oh wait, I was asleep.

Have a terrific day honey. :)

Heff said...

I think Marilyn Monroe was lying.

Akelamalu said...

I don't envy you the colonoscopy m'dear - I hope it goes well and the results are good. I'm sending you Reiki. xxxx

Deborah Godin said...

And don't forget to smile when they take your picture!

The Weaver of Grass said...

As usual Cloudia you made me laugh
And I love that sky!.

gigi-hawaii said...

Colonoscopies are not bad. Best thing is you lose weight prepping for it -- all liquid diet!

Elizabeth Bradley said...

I have had so many tests and procedures, but that's one I've yet to have! My thoughts are with you, it can't be pleasant. Hope all comes out well.

Carol said...

Yet more personal info from Ms Spiral. Hope all is well, my sister died last year from colon cancer diagnosed in her 50's. Everybody needs to get checked!!

Feisty Crone said...

Enjoy your post-colonoscopy snack, and take care of yourself.

Anonymous said...

Colonoscopy for you and brain transplant for me. I remember seeing your gorgeous fire in the sky photo, but somehow I didn't read. I think the phone rang. (Or I'm just a total fruitcake... maybe dementia has set in-- maybe both.) I hope you have stuffed your face to contentment and your big adventure in oscopy land is a fading memory. Aloha.

claude said...

The beautiful Hawaïan sky is really beautiful.
Bad day for you today. I wish you the best, my friend.

the walking man said...

Did i see where you invited us to make you the butt of our jokes? I think, because I have been through this procedure I will go to the rear end of that line. Did you like the clean out juice the day before, or posterior to the procedure? I think I'll quit here before I make an ass of myself.

♥ Braja said...

What an astoundingly gorgeous photo up top .... missed you Cloudia! Aloha and namaste, my dear...
xoxo

Friko said...

best of luck! I expect it's all over by now.
Love Friko

DeniseinVA said...

No smerky comments from here, been there done that, important thing to do. You should once again be applauded as you set such a good example to us all. Here's a big hug and a big pat on the back from me.

Rajesh said...

Beautiful snaps. The first snap looks like as if there is fire in the sky.

Cloudia said...

Thank you ALL my friends!