Friday, September 11, 2009

Wise Bird

A L O H A
Greetings!
You Have Entered a Zone of Ease & Good Spirits
Bring Your Well-Intentioned Self Inside for Refreshment

click on photos for the full sensory experience

The Morning Mists Yielded a Rainbow



"A dream you dream alone may be a dream,
but a dream two people dream together is a reality."
John Lennon




But Late Morning Shed a Blue Smile
on Diamond Head
and all the little bungalows of Kapahulu.

"Obstacles are those frightful things you see

when you take your eyes off the goal."

Hannah Moore



This picture has a story.

The bird was RIGHT outside our parked car, perfectly posed on my favorite husband's side. I handed him my "live" camera:

"Shoot it! Shoot it!

The bird flew from my sight, but hubby remained intent with the camera. "That's OK, just hand it back." I said, a little peremptorily.

Who ever heard of an impatient Cloud-ia?

(I wandered as impatiently as a cloud...)



I recognized my (sometime) tendency to impatience...
He got the swell pic you see above
and a sheepish apology.
Sometimes you just have to take a chill pill
and let them play it out!
A little bird told me.

“Be patient toward all that is unsolved in your heart
and try to love the questions themselves.
Do not now seek the answers, which cannot be given you
because you would not be able to live them.
And the point is to live everything.
Live the questions”
Rainer Maria Rilke
A L O H A! Cloudia



22 comments:

magiceye said...

amen


namaste /\
aloha!

the walking man said...

You cracked me up this morning. I do so love when the wife figure jumps the gun with a supposition of my inability to perform the whatever of the moment only to have those expectations of failure met with the desired output. {:-P}

I find that if we stay in the moment that all questions and desires needed in that moment are right there with us.

SandyCarlson said...

Wonderful post, Cloudia. I have been that impatient dame with the camera, too. BUT I'm too greedy and impatient even ever to pass it.

Love that Rilke quote. Just what the doctor ordered this morning.

Brother Tobias said...

I'm imagining a whole genre of just too late photo's. 'Perch where a bird had just been', etc. Your favourite husband is a creative genius.

Fireblossom said...

Somewhere, Wordsworth is chuckling.

wenn said...

i like the phrase about dreams where dreams shared are a reality.

Jenn Jilks said...

You are so right, Cloudia!
I drive a little more aggressively than hubby, but if I drive I cannot take photos. I am learning to suck it up and tolerate his slower speed to get those shots.
So much fun!
cheerio

Daryl said...

Lovely lesson ... da boid looks like a Jay but the colors are wrong ..

Deb said...

Oh, I pray for patience!

Dianne said...

I love the rainbow, it seems incomplete yet so hopeful

I take lots of deep breaths these days, cleansing breaths that bring me back to the moment

Teresa said...

Love the lesson!!! And the rainbow!

Kay said...

Keep that bulbul on your side of town please. We've got so many of them eating my mother's orchids. They're driving her to distraction.

Akelamalu said...

I too am impatient, luckily MWM isn't! :)

Great shot your hubby got Cloudia. :)

Elizabeth Bradley said...

Rainbows, bungalows, birds, and your words...a few of my favorite things...

Lately I've been taking a steady diet of chill pills, hopefully they will take effect soon!

Great post today Cloudia.
Elizabeth

DeniseinVA said...

You are not alone Cloudia ;) This post made me smile, I have played it out with my own dear husband on many a photo shoot! I used to think I had loads of patience and I still think I do, but he has me beat by many miles.

robert said...

Being ready is a lot, being able to wait even more, using the right moment most.

Anonymous said...

I wanna live in one of the bungalows....is that good or bad? DrumMajor

Rachel said...

“Be patient toward all that is unsolved in your heart
and try to love the questions themselves.
Do not now seek the answers, which cannot be given you
because you would not be able to live them.
And the point is to live everything.
Live the questions”

This quote gave me chills up and down my whole body. It struck a cord for sure. I love your blog, and your posts are the daily inspiration I need.

Cloudia said...

Thanks to each one of you!

Kay is right: the bird is a Red Vented Bulbul. They do not produce vitamin C so they eat lots of fruit (as Kay complains).

Glad you enjoyed it!

Unknown said...

Oh, I love that Rilke quote. I haven't seen it in a long time.

And that purple sky. Oh, my, my, my. With a rainbow icing.

Lovely post, as always.

Aloha & (bowing deeply with palms together)

Gina

Anonymous said...

I have a wish.
To stand exactly between the two ends of rainbow and watch it going above me.
I dont know whether it is possible or not but yes, rainbow we all watch from far but I want to touch the colors. Possible ?
God knows.

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

Patience I need more of.
<><