Friday, October 9, 2009

Come, Let's Fly

A L O H A,


Friend!



YOU are welcome, Come In



photos on the click!
Would YOU rather be an immortal, imposing image of a bird
or a tiny, tremulous, burbling, living, bird?

"Hear how the birds, on ev'ry blooming spray,
With joyous musick wake the dawning day."
Alexander Pope


Pretty - Poised - Patient


"Birdes of a feather will flocke togither."
Marcus Valerius Martial

One Little Boy in a Crowd


“The God to whom little boys say their prayers
has a face very like their mother's"
James Matthew Barrie


Do you still dream of flying?
Do you still consider strapping on some wings,
or a cape,
and running full speed
down the leaf-covered hill?




Are the birds your friends
whisperings secrets
of love
just to you?




Does your heart soar
and plunge
while whily wind
whoops
promising freedom
and speed?




To swim, to fly, to dance;
casting your fancy to capricious Gyre's chance.
Something it is - called the essential
"You"
that longs
not to leave this earth
but to kiss it from the
Blue. cloudia




Inspired by one of my favourite Poets:




Flying
by Richard Wilbur




Treetops are not so high
Nor I so low
That I don’t instinctively know
How it would be to fly

Through gaps that the wind makes, when
The leaves arouse
And there is a lifting of boughs
That settle and lift again.

Whatever my kind may be,
It is not absurd
To confuse myself with a bird
For the space of a reverie:

My species never flew,
But I somehow know
It is something that long ago
I almost adapted to.

Aloha.
You & I are birds of a feather! Cloudia

22 comments:

claude said...

Flying like a bird is any man dream.
A day, a long time ago, a man wanted to fly with wings on his arms, from the first floor of the Eiffel Tower. He killed himself.
He had a bad dream.

Delwyn said...

Hi Cloudia

and now we fly in imagination and soar in spirit...

Happy days

gigi-hawaii said...

I'm longing to get on a jet and fly to Hong Kong -- which will become reality next May...

Kavita Saharia said...

I want to fly little bit but would want to come back to my little nest...the place i truly belong.God of my little boy has my face...oh what a wonderful thought.

the walking man said...

Ahh but man was not given wings that he might soar above the stars where no earthly winds can carry him.

Dianne said...

I love coming here to fly

wonderful photos

Daryl said...

Flying .. ahhh .. can I just hold on tight this morning? I overslept and while I didnt panic too much I am now exhausted playing catch up .. Aloha, Namaste, Shalom and have a great weekend, my friend!

Jenn Jilks said...

Delightful, as always. I come here for inspiration, at least in spirit! We may have snow next week!

Charles Gramlich said...

Seems like that little boy doesn't want to hear from anyone, much less his mother.

Jeff said...

I used to want to live in Hawaii, until I found out how expensive it is to live there. Still, I would love to visit.

After watching one of the Superman movies, I had a dream where I was flying super-fast over the city. That was a cool dream. I felt very free.

From Wikipedia:
Icarus' father, Daedalus, fashioned two pairs of wings out of wax and feathers for himself and his son. Before they took off from the island, Daedalus warned his son not to fly too close to the sun, nor too close to the sea. Overcome by the giddiness that flying lent him, Icarus soared through the sky curiously, but in the process he came too close to the sun, which melted the wax. Icarus kept flapping his wings but soon realized that he had no feathers left and that he was only flapping his bare arms. And so, Icarus fell into the sea in the area which bears his name, the Icarian Sea near Icaria, an island southwest of Samos.

wenn said...

i would rather be alive..

Teresa said...

I love this post. I love to fly and to soar and to swoop! (in mind and spirit at least)

Bill S. said...

I love your header - it is a beautiful picture. I will someday make it to your islands. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Okay Cloudia -- to get closer to your clouds, you might want to try skydiving....after the nerve-wracking plane ride and wind blowing "too fast past", when the parachute opens, it becomes wonderfully quiet and peaceful, riding on the wind and turning as you guide the parachute. Learning to land easily takes a few jumps. Easier to do in Kansas than Hawaii...old skydiver / old DrumMajor

The Weaver of Grass said...

Birds of a feather indeed Cloudia. Wish I could take off, soar over the Atlantic and land there with you for a look at your wonderful Hawaii.

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

Birds of a feather for sure.
<><

Anonymous said...

Christmas ten years ago a very good friend made me his favourite book a gift.
It asks whether one would be willing to give the small finger, in order to be able to fly - in my case, I would gladly give it away for that.
A wonderful weekend, light, as the sky for you.

Fireblossom said...

....Oooh, so much here today! I LOVE owls. Is that Athena's owl? I don't think so, hers are usually not so imposing, just wise and composed. And is that a little magpie keeping Miss Owl company? I would definitely rather be a live magpie than a statue that can't fly!

Cloudia said...

Aloha and thanks friends!

Your comments are so enjoyable.
Athena's owls? Maybe, it is at a school!

Let's flock together...

SandyCarlson said...

I loved your poem, Cloudia. You are dead on. To dream and fly and to fly into dreams and be fully awake and alive and happy to be here. That is everything.

Cloudia said...

Thanks!

kanishk said...

day, a long time ago, a man wanted to fly with wings on his arms, from the first floor of the Eiffel Tower. He killed himself. Work From Home