Saturday, October 24, 2009

If You Are Reading This...

Note: This sheduled post was set to publish if my computer blew up. Now that I have a new laptop I thought I'd share it merely for your pleasure. To recap: I will be posting as usual!
Don't worry!



I'm NOT dead. . . at least I don't think I am.




But my computer is so old ("How old is it?")
that it is STEAM powered.



It's operating system was written by a caveman.





It has taken some interesting contortions, tricks, and propitiations to keep the old Dell running.






But I do love my antique technology. . . .
Plus, I'm as thrifty as a grandmother.






I went through a time of asking every computer-savvy
person I met:
"Are you a Mac or a PC?"


I examined the option of using a Net Book.
Finally, I decided to stay an un-hip PC laptop.




Windows 7!
If I can just hold on until I can buy a box with Windows 7!




Thursday October 22 is the day that I can buy a computer with the newest operating system
(and put the old one into a museum!).




I'm really looking forward to it.
Visiting all of YOUR blogs has been an ordeal with the old OS; I'm really looking forward to visiting you more often!





But if you are reading this post, it means that I didn't make it.
The old lap top has finally passed on!
Thanks old pal; We graduated college, wrote a novel, and launched this blog together.




So if you, my Dear Bloggy Pals, are reading this: PLEASE be patient!
Please check back!




I will return, as Benjamin Franklin's gravestone says, "In a revised and improved edition."
Do check out posts you may have missed.
There's tons of stuff here that deserves to live beyond it's
one butterfly day.




In REAL Cloudia withdrawals (so modest!) you might consider clicking on the image of my little novel at the foot of this blog. That will take you to Amazon where you can buy the sweet little book that many folks seem to have enjoyed.



" I'll be BACK!!!

I WILL Find YOU! "

Until then, Warm Aloha to Each of YOU, my friends.
I'll be (in withdrawals and) missing YOU more. . . .Cloudia




9 comments:

Kay said...

Good luck, Cloudia!

gigi-hawaii said...

ho-hum, another un-boring day in Cloudia land. Congrats on the new computer, pal! It's good you got a PC, because my daughter has been having trouble with her Mac book and has had to use my Dell PC.

Hilary said...

Fun post, but I'm glad you didn't have to use it. :) Good luck with the new machine.

Teresa said...

An amazing post, Cloudia. Glad we're just reading it as a joke!

Cloudia said...

You know, Bill & Melinda Gates are doing major good work around the world and here in America with their fortune, and encouraging others to do the same.
Apple seems "hipper than thou" and exclusive ($$$). What are they doing for the comon good?

Thanks for your friendship;
You rock!

Elizabeth Bradley said...

Glad you are up and running. I need a new Mac, and I see one in my immediate future! This post was quite funny, it's a good thing that it's just there for laughs now.

maryt/theteach said...

Great post, Cloudia! I hope you get the best PC with Windows 7 that you can find! This is the first time I've commented on your blog - I usually see you around Facebook...

Feisty Crone said...

I like the comment about your old computer--steam powered! Lol!

And I ave your book in my personal library--it's a great read! Buy the book, you'all!

Feisty Crone said...

I meant to say, I HAVE your book :) And I'm glad your old computer did not blow up!