Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Remarkable Cherif

A L O H A
to You Friend. . . Come In!



Photo Click Regime in Place
Workers in Squares



"Whether you think you can - or you can't- you are right."
Henry Ford




Summer Lingers in Waikiki



"We always find what we are looking for."
Psychological Principle



Kitty. . . You LLook...Strange!









Did you ever want to go out into the desert and study with all the contemplative monks in their isolated cells?
To stand upon the power spots of the pyramids
and temples of Egypt?
To read ancient wisdom books at the Vatican in their original words, and to speak many languages?
How would you like to develop so much insight and behavioral prowess that you travel the world as a gifted medical intuitive?





Well, on Saturday I met remarkable young man who has done all of those things; Meet Cherif.






Cherif spoke to a small group about discovering our true desire, about acting with inner conviction, and about achieving that desire "as if you are racing there on rails."






Some of Cherif's Wisdom:




"Without self confidence you will never see the way,"
he told us.
<>
"The key is knowing yourself, and having such intimacy with wisdom, that you trust & understand that guidance will always be there when needed."
<>
"If we keep sending present energy into the past and future,
it turns into poison in our lives."
<>
"Gratitude is power."
<>
"Once you judge someone or something, you are stuck with the experiences that grow out of that judgement."
<>




"We too often navigate from our experiences - we need to change our minds to change our experiences.
We find just what we expect to."
<>
"Our emotion is the fuel
that makes our thoughts come to pass."
<>
"Nonresistance frees your energy."
(Don't resist - follow your desire somewhere different.)
<>
"Be patient - be happy."
<>
"Don't analyze - accept and move forward."
<>
"Grace cancels karma, translating you to a place
where you live on divine substance."






Yes, Cherif gave us many tools for changing our lives,
but some seemed dissappointed that it wasn't magic, instant, or something that he would do for us.


Instead he shared what he has learned so far on his remarkable spiritual journey.





Why is it that we seldom want to take the very steps that will take us where it is we say that we want to go?



I have learned that following my bliss sometimes leads (paradoxically) through unsought challenges. I have come to almost enjoy, not fear, such envelope-pushing.






Sometimes a dragon guards the treasure we desire.
Staying in our comfort zone will not get us to the prize.




Cherif has discovered some great truths and lives happily with them. What are YOUR great truths?
Do they serve or hinder you?
Just remember that the Comfort Spiral is here for you,
an oasis on the way out of exile. . .


ALOHA & Thank You for YOUR Visit Today!
Cloudia




22 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mahalo Cloudia -- Did you hear the big sigh of relaxaton? Knowing that it's okay to follow my path, when others find it too far-fetched, because it's MY plan, if I can just poke my nose out of the monotonous comfort zone...
Mahalo for the nudge. DrumMajor

claude said...

Your second photo is very beautiful.
About your previous post i liked the tee-shirt "house of love".
ALOHA, Cloudia !

Kay said...

I LOVE your Waikiki summer photo, Cloudia. My truth? Live and let live. Respect everyone's path so long as it's not hurting anybody.

the walking man said...

There is only this truth. It is my earth and everything upon it is mine. It is my cosmos and everything within it is mine. I come and go freely as I choose and allow you the same courtesy for the places and things you claim. God has made it so and I am not one to refute the master of all creation.

Bubblewench said...

Quite an inspirational post! Cherif should like an amazing speaker.

I love the kitty picture!

Fireblossom said...

Hmm,well....Custer had lots of confidence and believed he would beat the Indians. So much for that.

I say, "don't follow leaders, and watch your parking meters"! ;-)

wenn said...

ya..be patient..be happy..

Charles Gramlich said...

Most wisdom seems to be things we already know but just don't follow.

Marguerite said...

Love the second photo! My truth?
Let the good times roll! Aloha, cher!

nonizamboni said...

I'm still on the path...thanks for being an oasis on the way out of exile and sharing Cherif.

Hilary said...

Lovely post, Cloudia. Always some very tasty food for thought here.

Elizabeth Bradley said...

Them magic for transformation is inside ourselves. That Henry Ford quote says it all. I learned a long time ago, our thoughts are our reality. We don't live out there, we live in here. Great post Cloudia, he sounds like a great teacher, great teachers are able to lead through example.

Elizabeth Bradley said...

The first word was supposed to be The! Don't know why my finger insisted on putting an M there. (Sorry)

PhilipH said...

Your picture of men in boxes or squares is real art! What a great composition.

My acronym for life's hard bits is
FAFFLE (actually FAFL).

Face it

Accept it

Float above it

Let time pass.

Helps me most times when things go awry.

Teresa said...

Thanks for a remarkable post, Cloudia.

It's really helpful.

Cloudia said...

You folks have all built on Cherif's words! Thanks for sharing your wisdom here with us....
Mahalo!

FA said...

It is wonderful when we find soemone who inspires us to live our life better. Indeed, Cherif has some profound insights. Thanks for sharing.

Sandee said...

I'm very comfortable with my life and what I've become. I know my strengths as well as my weaknesses. I've worked hard and never let a challenge stop me. I've done more than I ever dreamed I would. I have no regrets...Not a single one.

Have a terrific day. :)

magiceye said...

love the 1st 2 pics and the post very contemplative

namaste /\
aloha!

Lana Gramlich said...

I once met a man who'd lived much of his life as a monk. He was suicidally depressed due to the lack of brotherhood among the general population. I sometimes daydream about what his days as a monk must have been like. He was an incredible man.

Barbara Martin said...

The kitty looks like its on acid.

Cloudia said...

Thank for your comments.
Oh, Kitty was on magic mushrooms :]