Saturday, October 24, 2009

Smell That?

A L O H A Friends
Welcome to
Saturday Waikiki
click on photos to make bigger Let's relax under the banyan tree


"I frequently tramped eight or ten miles through
the deepest snow
to keep an appointment with a beech-tree, or a yellow birch,
or an old acquaintance among the pines."
Henry David Thoreau




My retinas are burning! That's PINK!


“Almost all words do have color and nothing is more pleasant than to utter a pink word and see someone's eyes light up and know it is a pink word for him or her too”
Gladys Taber






Ah! Noble Green Greetings.



"All theory, dear friend, is gray,

but the golden tree of life springs ever green."

Johann Wolfgang von Goethe



Do you smell it? Have you guessed?

MMMMM! New computer smell!

After months of investigation and self doubt, I have obtained another DELL laptop. Dual core processor, Windows 7, and yummy ice blue case.

I'm stylin` baby!

Now I won't need that fail safe post I had all set to post if I couldn't get back on line for a while. If all goes as planned, you should find it just below this post.

But before you scroll there, please check out today's video of old friend Soupy Sales who died yesterday. In the black & white world of my childhood Soupy and his happy hipster irreverence opened a window on a world of joyous nonconformity that delighted me.

His TV world complemented the art of Dali and Magritte. Looking at his few videos available at You Tube made me laugh out loud again, and to remember early joys.

I hope it makes you laugh too.

Thank you kindly for your visit today.

And now, here's Mr. Sales:




A L O H A! Cloudia

24 comments:

The Weaver of Grass said...

I have always wanted to see a banyan tree Cloudia - I know they are common in some parts of the world but, of course, we don't have them here.
Have a lovely weekend friend.

Hilary said...

I love your "green" image.. so beautiful. A fine tribute to funny man Soupy Sales. You might also like Jane's blog post about him.. http://gastonstudio.blogspot.com/2009/10/soupys-gone.html

Anonymous said...

Love the tree! Glad you got a new computer. I haven't seen Soupy Sales in years. I don't remember what game show I used to watch him on-- long-long ago. Aloha new computer girl.

Kavita Saharia said...

Congratulations!!even i liked that green image and admired the pink world too.What a weekend ahead with a brand new lappy for you..have a great time...hugs !!

♥ Braja said...

Yep. Definitely PINK :)

the walking man said...

Kids go into mommy's purse and send soupy all of those green papers you find in there.


ha ha ha ha ha That dude did Detroit proud!

magiceye said...

hey congratulations on your tech upgrade!!!

namaste /\
aloha!

wenn said...

beautiful green..

Deborah Godin said...

I've always loved Soupy! Don't think I ever laughed harder at anyone than I did him!

Akelamalu said...

WOW that IS pink!

Good to hear you have a new 'puter. :)

Teresa said...

Congratulations on the new computer! I had mine "tuned up", and now I am no longer the administrator. I can't find the sound button to unmute any more. And the issues I was complaining about are still NOT fixed. Maybe I need a new computer, too.

Lana Gramlich said...

Congrats on the new computer & best of luck. I was sad to hear that Soupy had passed away. Gads, he was a nut job!

Charles Gramlich said...

Gotta love that quote from thoreau. sorry to hear about Soupy.

Daryl said...

May he rest in peace, he was a funny man

And while I personally do not like Dell computers I hope you have a fabulous long relationship with your new baby!

Carol said...

I look forward to that new laptop good life.

Cloudia said...

Yup, I'm lovin` Windows7 (so far :) and my last Dell lasted for over 10 years, so I'm stoked by this glittering, modern machine.

Soupy makes me laugh still! I'll be sure to check out that other post, thanks.

Banyans were brought to Hawaii, in fact we have a wonderful botanical tradition here. Douglas (the fir guy) disappeared on the Big Island (Hawaii). search this blog for "Foster Botanical Garden" for more.

I luv you guys. This IS jolly!
aloha- ta!

Rachel said...

Aloha pretty lady! Your blog makes me smile, and I need to get more time to get over here more often! You are a beautiful soul.

SandyCarlson said...

Soupy was a lot of fun. May he rest in peace.

Best wishes with the new computer and the Windows 7. You're on the cutting edge, now! Good for you. I am grateful you have the equipment to keep us all in Hawaii.

Feisty Crone said...

Good old Soupy Sales! He will be missed. And congrats on your new computer!

Cloudia said...

Thanks for coming to the party!

Unknown said...

Great tribute to Soupy Cloudia; thanks also for visiting my blog and seeing my own. He was really a "wild and crazy guy."

Fireblossom said...

Oh I love Soupy! I'm oike you, he still make me laugh out loud. I used to come home at lunch time and watch him. I believe he was local here in Detroit in the beginning. It has probably been almost 50 years since I saw that opening with him messing with the theater marquee. It just made me feel really good to see ol' Soup again!!!

When I saw your banyan tree, I had to ponder whether that was the type of tree in "The Little Prince", but that was a baobab.

Cloudia said...

Baobab love to you dears as well!

Anonymous said...

These pictures on your blog are awesome!