Thursday, November 12, 2009

Come to My Windows

ALOHA
Welcome to Thursday in Honolulu
click on windows to enter therein My computer is my window on the world,
the WHOLE world.




"The Internet is becoming the town square

for the global village of tomorrow."




"People everywhere love Windows."





Sometimes it's just plain fun, like when I visit YOUR blog!





"I really had a lot of dreams when I was a kid,
and I think a great deal of that grew out of the fact
that I had a chance to read a lot."





When everything is working right,
it's a beautiful thing!





"As we look ahead into the next century,

leaders will be those who empower others."
All Quotes Today:

Bill Gates





><>

I bought my first laptop 10 years ago.
And I used it for the entire ten years;
Windows ME operating system and all!




When it was on it's last legs I anguished over it's replacement.
Some swear by APPLE. I've been a PC and learned it's Window ways, but I was willing to change for the right reasons.



I went back and forth.



Ultimately, I bought another Dell Inspirion 15
with the much heralded
WINDOWS 7.




This was a great decision!
Yes, I'm one of those people that the ad campaign is about:
I'm ecstatic about this dual core beauty
and after 3 weeks,

WINDOWS 7 has been nothing but a joy.



It has exceeded my expectations -

and I don't like change where my tools are concerned.

It takes too much energy from my creativity.
I just want things to work,
and Windows7 really does.
It's elegant.




So if it's time, treat yourself.
If you spend hours of your life on-line like I do,
it will be just like getting a new and better body.
I'm BEAUTIFUL again!


Having been involved in public health, I know well
how much basic good the
Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
is doing thoughout the world
and here in
America.


Windows it is!




I purchased at Best Buy and had a good experience.
The person who helped me, Richard, was totally cool.
As a stingy tightwad, I mean careful spender,
I can tell you that it is
Very Worth It
to get a machine that they have
optimized.


So, come to my windows.
Then you can enjoy your visits here to Hawaii
even MORE!


ALOHA, Friend! cloudia


24 comments:

Commander Zaius said...

I'm stuck on PC's myself but I'll never buy another Gateway computer again. There are a bunch of blogs and websites that causes the internet connection on my Gateway to drop out. I then have to wait for it to reconnect and then hop it doesn't drop out again.

I've changed out the Gateway with a couple of older computers and neither of them have the issue. My laptop is about brand new and its doesn't have the problem either.

Hilary said...

I'm totally loyal to my Mac (where windows were born). He's always treated me well. The machine matters not, as long as we're happy with it.. and as long as it gets us out here peering through others' windows. :)

the walking man said...

Yeah that Pentium duo core processor is kick ass. The AMD version not so much so but still good. 10 years is a loooooooooooooooooooong time for one PC. I have burned through four or five in that time.

wenn said...

we hv dell and apple laptop but i still prefer dell..

Fireblossom said...

I got this computer in 2003 and it's showing its age. And,um....some of us STILL have Windows ME...like me! If I could upgrade, I would, but Bosco and I are church mice.

claude said...

I look at more often the window of my computer that the one of the room where is my computer.
That is a wonderful window through which I can watch some beautiful coconuttrees in a wonderful purple sky.

Charles Gramlich said...

Guess I need to download windows 7 then. I haven't typically had much trouble with my windows based machines over the years.

Reader Wil said...

I don't know anything about computer brands, but I am happy enough with my laptop. Beautiful photos, Cloudia!

Daryl said...

I am the biggest ANTI Bill Gates/Microsoft person you will ever meet

Travis Erwin said...

Glad to hear you like Windows 7 as I will be buying a new PC very soon.

Susan Berlien said...

I'm scared to try anything new. Good job...comgrats!

Friko said...

I absolutely love my Mac (my second mac). As you say, it's very much a question of what you're used to. As a writing tool I find the Mac cannot be bettered.

Enjoy your windows 7

The Weaver of Grass said...

Cloudia - I keep looking at Windows & and wondering whether to update.

Akelamalu said...

Windows is wonderful! As is the view from your window! You are so lucky. x

Deborah Godin said...

I was glad to read your testimonial. I hate upgrades with a passion, and will stick with XP probably until forced to change because new stuff is no longer compatible with it, but it's nice to know you are so enthusiastic about it!

Teresa said...

Glad to hear how great Windows 7 is. I will probably need to upgrade in the next year or so.

In the future, you may need to be careful about your rapturous ravings about products; I heard that a new ICC rule will go into effect and that you will need a disclaimer that you are NOT receiving any of Bill and Melinda's money to provide your testimonial. I understand that my library book club will be having to change the format of our monthly reading recommendations to avoid this ruling. I think it goes into effect next month. Just an fyi. Don't want the feds storming the boat and scaring Miss Kitty.

Elizabeth Bradley said...

I'm a Mac girl. Always have been, always will be. I am nothing if not a creature of habit. I'm so happy you love your new computer. I'm fixing to get a new one soon, and I can't wait!!!

Cloudia said...

Wasn't THIS a jolly blogger party today?!

Actually I was afraid of arousing some Anti-Gates feeling. Thanks for being so restrained, Daryl!

Aloha!!!

For the record: This post was an unsolicited testimonial....
and now, the national anthem...

Anonymous said...

It was until my 20th birthday that I lived without a computer, writing still with a fountain pen and waiting sometimes weeks for a reply - one time only to read that my letter wasn't able to be read as water made the ink floating away.
Over here in Greece,students of the 7th grade get notebooks for free.
A wonderful view through every window of you on this Friday.

Cloudia said...

thanks!

Mark Kreider said...

I'm glad you like your new computer! I still use my 2001 Mac for most of my day to day stuff and use my 1 yr old MacBookPro for production work with Logic Pro Studio 8, Reason 4.0 and CS4. It's just so killer! Once you go to Mac you never look back. Sorry.

JTG (Misalyn) said...

Wow..sounds like Windows 7 is real beauty..i need to find it out. Am still using my husband's laptop with Windows Vista OS because I gave my laptop to my eldest son Joel, same brand with same OS.

Thank you for letting me view through every window of you.Your blog is truly fantastic!

Have a wonderful day Cloudia.

Cloudia said...

Appreciate YOUR visits too! Thanks

スタビ said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.