Saturday, November 14, 2009

Saturday Friends

ALOHA
Saturday Friend!



click on photos for magic
Friends Like to Gather at Day's End. . .



"As I make my slow pilgrimage through the world,

a certain sense of beautiful mystery seems to gather and grow."


A. C. Benson







Friendly Competitors?

"Whenever a friend suceeds, a little something in me dies."
Gore Vidal





Birds of a Feather or
"I don't care if someone is blue, orange, yellow or purple..."

"The bird a nest, the spider a web, man friendship."
William Blake





Finn is a true friend.
Sure he is highly trained,
but everyone is just more relaxed when he's around.



He plays when his human companions are playful,
And he is quiet, and a good listener, when they're pensive.



Finn is the first service dog assigned to help recuperating Marines.
Everyone agrees that he boosts their morale
at the Wounded Warrior Barracks.





True Friends Require No Words:


Thank YOU
for being a Friend,
ALOHA, cloudia


19 comments:

Kay said...

This is such a sweet video, Cloudia. Such happiness!

Anonymous said...

My kind of sunset. Amazing whimpering from the Soldier's Golden. DrumMajor

claude said...

Beautiful Sky, Cloudia, as usually.
What a happy dog ! And the soldier too. Nice video !
Aloha, Claudia !

Delwyn said...

True friends are never a matter of chance. They are always gifts from God.
Richard Bach

Dina said...

Glad to learn about Finn.
Animals are so perceptive. When I lived at Heifer Ranch, news of my father's death came. All the other volunteers seemed to be away, so no one at the moment to share my shock and grief. I went to my donkey friends instead. The big (formerly BLM wild) jack radiated strength for me as I leaned on his strong, scarred back. The colt offered his furry softness to dry my tears. His mother kissed me with her soft muzzle. Each one understood, I am very sure, and gave me sympathy.
God bless the animals in our lives.

SandyCarlson said...

That dog just fit in that soldier's lap. Fit perfectly. Waiting for home to return, I'd say. That made me cry. The whole post did.

Akelamalu said...

What a heartwarming video! Thanks for sharing it m'dear. :)

Kavita Saharia said...

Thanks for sharing such an awesome video..very touching.

Teresa said...

I loved the video, Cloudia. Thanks for sharing. The pictures were great, too.

Charles Gramlich said...

Dogs are so amazing.

Feisty Crone said...

Nice video! And thank you for being a great blog friend.

Anonymous said...

wow! fantastic video!

Cloudia said...

We are all humbled and uplifted by animal friends...

wenn said...

so lovely..

magiceye said...

lovely post!!

namaste /\
aloha!

Elizabeth Bradley said...

Gore Vidal had always and often puzzled me. The dog, or any dog, on the other hand, have always and often amazed me!!! Thanks for the video, that soldier deserved that homecoming. Yay!

♥ Braja said...

....and thank *you*, Cloudia....xo

Bhavesh Chhatbar said...

Sure Cloudia, we think alike!

My Birthday

Hilary said...

That's just SO beautiful.. true love and devotion.

Love the photos too.. the colourful penguins tickle me.