Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Take a Pause


ALOHA, Friend!


Welcome to Tuesday
in Waikiki







"Life is what happens while you're making other plans."


-John Lennon









"The future is murky. I Guess it's good to have a past."


-Paul Newman







Stopping to watch the sunset seems to settle and clarify the mind.
Even the Hawaiian breeze, Ka Makani, knows that it is a good time to pause. Your day sweetens as the colors change.
I'd like to think that maturity, the "sunset of life" will be like that.
Do you know the ledgend of the maiden who was directed to walk down the row of corn and to pick one, only one, ear? Right away she saw a good one, but she reasoned that a better one might be a few paces down the row.
At the end of the row, she wished that she had chosen that first ear.
If you know where your next meal is coming from, if you have a home,
if someone is glad to see you arrive, if you are NOT in #10 pain;
then you are fortunate.
Pause to notice all of life's gifts that we take for granted every day.
Sunset is a good time to do that.
Make your own beautiful memories. . . NOW. . .
Aloha! Cloudia

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sunsets are wonderful. Where IS that second photo? Western Oahu? It doesn't seem as built-up for tourists. DrumMajor

Reader Wil said...

Wise words, Cloudia! As always!

Anonymous said...

The earth above and well captured.

The Weaver of Grass said...

Or count your blessings as we say over here in the UK.

SandyCarlson said...

I have often lived like the girl who is sure the next ear will be better. Thanks for this, Cloudia.

the walking man said...

Yes there is the gratitude of sunsets well viewed.

Hilary said...

Always wise words and beautiful images.

Delwyn said...

Beautiful skies thanks Cloudia

Country Girl said...

Came here to enjoy your beautiful photos of a place to which I've never been.
I am blessed with what I have. Not much pain, someone who is glad to see me when I come home, a roof over my head and food to eat. All is well!

Elizabeth said...

Such beautiful pictures!

Bhavesh Chhatbar said...

Aloha Cloudia!

Dagdusheth Ganpati

Charles Gramlich said...

Lana is a vetern sunset watcher. I watch it to see the glory in her eyes.

Teresa said...

I love the pictures and the breeze and the story about the girl always wanting a better ear of corn!

wenn said...

ya..cherish the past..

Daryl said...

Ahhh.. sunrises, sunsets .. two perfect moments

Aloha!

Raph G. Neckmann said...

Beautiful - and lovely words too. I love sunrise and sunset, and the light of November is so beautiful.

Fireblossom said...

"Heavenly shades of night are falling...it's twilight time..." la la la

I have those things you mentioned, and I am grateful indeed.

Aloha, Ms. C!

Cloudia said...

Second picture IS west Oahu: Waianae!


I am grateful for all of you, and for your comments here.

JTG (Misalyn) said...

Great shots!

roughterrain crane said...

Konnichiwa
I do agree with you. Sunset has us notice many precious things which we have forgot in the daily life. I like calmness.

Cloudia said...

Thank to YOU two too :)