Thursday, December 3, 2009

Formal Clouds

Aloha, Friend!

Welcome to Thursday in Waikiki




click on clouds to set them free
I never saw a cloud wearing a tie before.



“With an evening coat and a white tie, anybody, even a stockbroker,
can gain a reputation for being civilized”

Oscar Wilde










" You must not blame me if I talk to the clouds"
Henry David Thoreau







“Dreams are illustrations...
from the book your soul is writing about you.”

Marsha Norman





"If we could see the miracle of a single flower clearly,
our whole life would change."
Buddha


The House Of Clouds
by
Elizabeth Barrett Browning


I would build a cloudy House
For my thoughts to live in;
When for earth too fancy-loose
And too low for Heaven!
Hush! I talk my dream aloud---
I build it bright to see,---
I build it on the moonlit cloud,
To which I looked with thee.




Thank YOU for your visit/gift today! cloudia


23 comments:

Anonymous said...

Unique cloud and beautiful yellow plumaria blossom! DrumMajor

Kay said...

Lovely post, Cloudia. Have a great Thurday tomorrow.

the walking man said...

Sit and look at the pile of a carpet or the chips embedded in terrazzo and think for just a minute that all you are seeing is the tops of the heads of all of the mass of humanity then pick one specific little top out and that will be me.

Kavita Saharia said...

I liked that cloud wearing a tie...loved the lines by Browning.See you tomorrow.ALOHA and NAMASTE friend.

Bhavesh Chhatbar said...

Artistic!

Forest Warbler

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

Happy Thursday Cloudia!
<><

wenn said...

i just love clouds..

Junosmom said...

Good morning, Cloudia. No flowers here right now, but trying to find beauty in the cold.

Fireblossom said...

"Cloudy...

My thoughts are scattered and they're

Cloudy;

They have no borders, no boundaries..."

(Simon & Garfunkel)

Charles Gramlich said...

I saw some cloud houses when I was flying for Thanksgiving recently.

Deborah Godin said...

Great series of intriguing photos! And some especially nice quotes, too. Oh that Buddha, he sure knew what he was talking about!

claude said...

Cloudia, I am very happy to be able to go to Waikiki again !

Friko said...

hello friend, I miss you.....

Teresa said...

Love the clouds and quotes!

Akelamalu said...

This

"If we could see the miracle of a single flower clearly,
our whole life would change."
Buddha
and the accompanying picture are just beautiful Cloudia. x

Anonymous said...

I just love clouds!!

Country Girl said...

Lovely! Enjoyed the time spent with you!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful quote from H.D. Thoreau - finally I will have an excuse as well.

A wonderful Friday for you.

Unknown said...

Wonderful quotes and I like your tie-wearing cloud!

Cloudia said...

Thank you!

I love the daily party we have here!

SandyCarlson said...

Thanks for the Buddha in each of these details. I needed this post so very much. Thank you, friend.

Glennis said...

Special clouds like that need a tie!

magiceye said...

heart warming post!

namaste /\
aloha!!