Saturday, December 5, 2009

Gentle Courage

Aloha,
Saturday Friend!

Welcome to Waikiki,
"Worlds Best Weather"




click on photo to feel the power
Shriner s' Hospital for Children.
(see the statue of the Shriner & child?)



"If you don't know the trees
you may get lost in the forest;
but if you don't know the stories
you may be lost in life."
Siberian Saying








"Your laugh and enthusiasm pleases (sic) those around you"
yesterday's lunch fortune cookie

(It made me feel great)




Bamboo grows section by section,
one section at a time. . .




"Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak;
courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen."
Winston Churchill





Anger makes you feel, and even seem strong.
That's why the weak so often resort to it.
It takes real courage to remain calm
in the face of provocation
especially when you have been disregarded and denied.



But anger (paradoxically) only maintains your powerless condition.
Calmly coming to understand your own strengths
and options
will take you much further in the end.



What you acquire in the wrong way
retains the scent of its acquisition.
Those who live by the sword
die by the sword,
unless they beat it
into useful implements
with which to build.



ALOHA, cloudia








24 comments:

claude said...

What a blue sky on the first photo !
I like bambooos.

Anonymous said...

Nice post. I was interested in how the plants grow and bamboo in particular.

David Cranmer said...

All sound advice and gorgeous photos.

wenn said...

i love bamboo..strong and sturdy..

the walking man said...

hmmm

Charles Gramlich said...

Anger is certainly energizing. I used to enjoy it much more than I do these days.

Teresa said...

I absolutely love this post!

BLOGitse said...

beautiful posting, again!
Thank you!

Friko said...

wise words, as always.

glad to have you back, Cloudia! Aloha!

Nancy said...

I really needed to read this today. Thanks, as always, for a thoughful post.

I had no idea bamboo grew that way. Interesting.

Elizabeth Bradley said...

Ah, bamboo. I need to pay attention.

Anonymous said...

Twenty past two in the morning, and after discovering something which won't make me sleep for hours, this post of yours was of great help.
Maybe there's is a simple explanation, maybe it's just another 'section' of life I have to go through - just wonder why I can't stay inside the one I was.
A wonderful Sunday for you.

Jean said...

love how the bamboo grows
A smile from SJ =)

Cloudia said...

Thank you.
I love the comments you leave for me here.

magiceye said...

brilliant post as usual!!

namaste /\
aloha!!

Virginia said...

Glad you enjoyed our few hours of wonderful fluffy snow. That's probably it for this year. Just enough!!!
Your blog warms us all up!
V

FA said...

You must be an avid reader, Cloudia, to find all these great quotes.

Kay said...

Your photos are glorious, Cloudia. I like what you wrote about anger. I agree that it takes strength to stay calm to deal with a bad situation.

Jo said...

I always feel the warm sunshine when I visit your blog.

And yes, anger is so pointless.

"He who speaks first, loses."

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

We sure could use some of the sunshine around here. It wont stop raining!
<><

foongpc said...

Love that first photo! And I'm amazed by the bamboo that grows section by section!

Love all the quotes here! : )

Hilary said...

Clever words, indeed. And lovely photos.

Junosmom said...

Are the words on anger yours?

Anonymous said...

What a great resource!