Monday, December 14, 2009

Here Comes Santa - In a Canoe!

Aloha & Welcome to
Monday in Waikiki
FRIEND!


click on photos to feel some sunshine
Saturday.
The morning moon was high in the sky. . .






The Pink Hibiscus lured me in for a closer look. . .



"Earth laughs in flowers."
Ralph Waldo Emerson, "Hamatreya"




The keiki (the children) had practiced for this day. . .



"There's nothing sadder in this world than to awake Christmas morning and not be a child."
Erma Bombeck




<><



Huffing and puffing
I made it to the appointed spot on da beach.


Then we spotted him,
far out past the breakers.
Was it really him?


As he drew closer,
all doubt fled.

Wearing his tropic-weight outfit
and happily barefoot:


Santa is in Waikiki!





our blog friend ART RAN the Honolulu Marathon yesterday! Check it out here:





Aloha, fellow children.....cloudia

21 comments:

RONW said...

the resolution on the video is so clear even without clicking on the HD button. What kind camera you have, if you don't mind me asking.

magiceye said...

that was such a cheerful post!

namaste /\
aloha!

BLOGitse said...

Oh, Santa is there!
Didn't see hime here on Saturday when we went to European Xmas Charity Bazaar - because he's was in Waikiki!!! :)
Sunny greetings from Cairo!

Fireblossom said...

....Santa's no dummy! He went where it's sunny and warm! I heard that he delegates most of that Christmas stuff anymore anyway. ;-)

Unknown said...

YAY, Santa! What a guy!

Anonymous said...

Everyone's a kid when Santa comes ashore! Thanks for sharing. I will replay the video after I return from shopping in 3 degree Kansas City weather.....DrumMajor

wenn said...

interesting..santa in a canoe..

Charles Gramlich said...

What, the canoe was not pulled by eight dolphins? hum?

Fida said...

Oh my - wish I'd be there! Not that Santa isn't spotted here too - and could very well be in a canoe as well - but heck, it would be so much warmer on Waikiki-beach ;-)

Aloha friend!

Cloudia said...

I use a consumer (cheap) Fuji Film A220.

Glad you enjoyed this post!

YOUr visits make my day-

MAHALO (Thanks!)

Akelamalu said...

Oh WOW Santa in a canoe! Fantastic. :)

Teresa said...

I love Santa's summer weight suit. Very cool post, Cloudia.

Yolanda said...

Thanks for being my friend. I always love my visits here.

Elizabeth Bradley said...

The sound was so good on your camera too. So often the audio is so quiet and I can't hear a thing. Santa has all the fun, doesn't he? I want his job.

How I've missed that Cumming's quote before now is beyond me. What a gem! And love the picture of the pink hibiscus. Loved this post, dear Cloudia.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this post of yours.

Please have a nice Tuesday.

Jean said...

i can see the pollen grain of the hibiscus

A smile from SJ =)

Hilary said...

Love the Hibiscus shot.. and of course who could resist a Santa in red gingham?

SandyCarlson said...

I'm glad the big elf is there. That is super.

JTG (Misalyn) said...

I love the hibiscus flower shot.Lovely macro.

Nice and clear video.Nice outfit of Santa. Ho ho ho!

Happy holidays.

claude said...

Pretty moon between the branches of a coconuutree. Beautiful heart of Hibiscus.
In Martinique Island every year they are Yoles races.

Kay said...

This is so cool seeing Santa arriving in a canoe! I must be missing out on a lot living far away from Waikiki.