Sunday, December 20, 2009

Honolulu City Lights

Aloha, Friend!

Welcome to Dusk
in

H O N O L U L U

click on the cliche`
This is probably what you think of when you read today's title.
BUT
One of the things that I love about Honolulu Town
is that it IS a town,
a city really.

A city surrounded by green mountains,
the world's largest ocean,
and the dome of a magnificent
sky.

Play the song below,
then scroll down
and watch the video I made
while you listen to it.
(Be sure to mute the video's sounds)

You will see a cruise ship in Honolulu Harbor,
look out to towards the December sun setting in the Pacific,
then to the right you will see the
Waianae Mountains,
and a smidge of the Big Pineapple
(Notably the cement Kuhio Federal Building).
Sparkling fairy lights
mark the traffic 34 floors below.


I used to sit in my East Coast bay window
and imagine that I was in Hawaii.
It WORKED!

Really believe that you are in the scene
and
You WILL be!











><>







ALOHA Neighbor, cloudia

20 comments:

RONW said...

so, you didn't base jump? Ahh, that's for the next video.

Unknown said...

I love the twinkling lights! That's a place I want to be. Thanks for taking me there!

BLOGitse said...

what a combination, your video + song!
LOL! of course I wanted to hear the sound of your video - I heard the bird(s)! so funny!
Thanks for sharing!

Akelamalu said...

I'd love to see that sight for real. Nice video Cloudia. x

the walking man said...

It is not so much daring to dream as it is dreaming the dare is attainable eh?

Reanaclaire said...

hi Claudia.. greetings from this blog of mine www.reanaclaire.com

I would love to visit Honolulu one day, hope my dream trip will come true.. i just came back from Japan and it was freezing there too..

wenn said...

nice video

Teresa said...

Hi Cloudia, the video was really cool, but the music didn't come up. My computer is on the blink again. Sigh... Maybe I can get a new one on the after-Christmas sales and come back to this post.

Charles Gramlich said...

Now that's a harbor.

Jo said...

I spent six weeks in Honolulu a few years ago, and it was truly Heaven on Earth. I remember the beautiful sunsets and the sunrises too. And the smell of the air, and the little white doves. Everything about it was wonderful. You are so, so, so (!!!) lucky to live there.

Smalltown RN said...

I haven't been to Hawaii since the 80's...I guess it is time I should go back. It's interesting you should say see it and you be it....hubby was just saying to me yesterday how he wants to go to Germany for a year...I suggest to him that I have a very large extended family in England and suggested we use that as our home base and then visit all over Europe.....I think we are going to start exploring it....

Cloudia said...

Thanks for coming today!

Fireblossom said...

Nice music. Perfect for a slow dance. :-)

SandyCarlson said...

Such a beautiful city. The lights are very beautiful.

Gemma Wiseman said...

Enjoyed this post very much! Loved your video especially! It seemed stranged hearing a chirping bird while watching heaps of traffic lights far below!

FA said...

For some reason my computer isn't playing videos right now. I'm disappointed, but I'll be back soon.

Kavita Saharia said...

Aloha Claudia...i am taking a short break till MID JAN till than please miss me as much as i miss you friend .
WISHING YOU AND YOUR FAMILY A MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR.

Sumandebray said...

That is a great view from the window. The sea, the port busy street and the twinkling city light all of them in one video.
I find the ports very interesting as it connect us to the time when sea was only means of travel and only the brave and the strong would actually dare to take on the journey. This is something one can stare and dream!

Cloudia said...

What fabulous comments!


and I WILL miss you Kavita ;-(

Anonymous said...

very cool


cj