Friday, January 29, 2010

ALOHA
Welcome to Friday
in
Waikiki

click on the foliage to release the good luck
These are Friday fronds!

><>


"All of us should strive for a newer and better self-

take our lives to the next level."
LL Cool J

Sea turtles like to hide on the bottom among the treasures of the deep.


"Why do we love the sea?
It is because it has some potent power
to make us think things we like to think."
Robert Henri





Chinatown Florist Cat



“There are two means of refuge
from the miseries of life:
music and cats."

Albert Schweitzer



><>


They say that when you find what you were born to do
you will know it.

After many years of soul searching,
wandering,
aspiring, succeeding, failing,
I think I now see my destiny clearly:


A recent study in Pediatric Anesthesia
reported that Medical Clowns
"significantly alleviate pre-operative anxiety
in children better than, or at least equal to,
pharmaceutical medication."

Medical Clowns?!

Sometimes called:
Clown Doctors
these professionals work in nations
around the world.

The Big Apple Circus, alone,
has participated in the training
and placement
of these funny healers
in more than 18 facilities
throughout the US.

There is something about
warmth,
and the puncturing of pretense,
that touches the human heart
in any situation.

Let us take ourselves
less seriously,
shall we?

Let us bring lightness
wherever we go today.

Now let's all get into the tiny car together-


ALOHA, cloudia



24 comments:

the walking man said...

I'll drive that thing and be the last one out. But you have to wear the big shoes.

wenn said...

nice ornamental turtle.

Dina said...

Go for it, go become a medical clown (not just on the blog).

Tu BiShvat starts in a few hours so I clicked on your foliage and said happy birthday to your tree. :)

Mark Kreider said...

Wonderful thoughts for the day. You never cease to inspire me. Loved the Sumo post... thankful he was finally able to shed a few lol.

roughterrain crane said...

May health prevail on earth. What kind of Chinese food do you like?

Hilary said...

I'll bring the balloon animals.

I love that flower shop kitty.

Fireblossom said...

I clicked for good luck, too. :-)

Clouds, you know what they say: "When you put on the nose, it grows!" Were you a Firesign Theater fan?

That's very clever about the treasures of the deep. That's some nice treasure, mhmmmm! ;-) Lead on, Madame Turtle!

Anonymous said...

Cloudia needs a nose! There should be more medical clowns than medical doctors. Check out PatchAdams.org. Yep, from the Robin Williams movie. He's still alive and well, with his Institute and trips abroad to help children. I met him at one hospital...he and Cloudia would be a great spiritual team!
Mahalo, DrumMajor

Charles Gramlich said...

Makes me think of that movie where Robin Williams played a doctor who often acted like a clown. I think it was based on a true story.

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

Albert Schweitzer says it well.
<><

Daryl said...

Flower shop kitty is so sweet

Friko said...

oh dear, and I m talking about depression today!
Could you send me some clownery? I could do with it.

Teresa said...

Go for it, Sistah!! You would be wonderful as a medical clown.

Unknown said...

I enjoy the quotes you share with us.

I had no idea Albert Einstein was a cat person. :)

Maude Lynn said...

I want that turtle!

Cloudia said...

Sure wish I could give you each a jeweled sea turtle!

I love dim sum and all Chinese food:
Char Sui!


Firesign Theatre - Yes!


And yes, Happy New Year to the Trees, Dina. The coolest Jewish holiday.

Anonymous said...

There's a text about "Clown Doctors" in the Coursebook I use while teaching German as a foreign language to the kids.
It is also the first thing that I do when the son of mine feels bad - yes, I wish to be able to do that also to my own self.

Loved the Mandela and Gerald McBoingBoing quotes very much - being the least one was still able to read...probably already enough - thank you, maybe as good as having a Clown Doctor visit tonight.
Please have you all a wonderful start into the weekend.

Rosaria Williams said...

You always inspire.

Glennis said...

I like the turtle and his treasures, and the fronds look so cool and nice on a hot day.

SandyCarlson said...

Yes, indeed. Let us do that.

Bhavesh Chhatbar said...

There's an award for you on my blog! Take it and showcase it on your blog :)

The Day

claude said...

I can not translete your post this morning. I'll try later.
Cloudia, may be you put the google translating on your blog to help me.

Feisty Crone said...

Medical clowns! What a great idea; very different form the clown in "It," good old Pennywise, who still scares the beejeepers out of me .

Junosmom said...

That cat has the life! In my next life, I'm coming back as her.