Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Tuesday Afternoon

ALOHA,
Friend

it's
TUESDAY in WAIKIKI



Ever had a song stuck in your head?
This one has been with me for decades.
Click on the song, as we wander Tuesday together.




now click on the photos for visual enticement

"Recent findings prove the brain is more flexible than we used to think.

With practice, we can change our habits
and even our natural disposition."

Tal Ben-Shahar (Italics mine)




Hawaiian Spotted Eagle Ray



"The number one predictor for general well being is not money or prestige but the time we spend with those that are near and dear to us.
Enjoying close and intimate relationships with those who care about us
is an absolute prerequisite of happiness.
But it is precisely these relationships that suffer most
in our hectic modern life."
Ben-Shahar

(I believe that our blogging relationships qualify!)





"We've all been trained to maximize every minute of our day.
But people who are able to focus on just one thing-
even for one or two hours a day-
are not only happier in their work,
they're also more productive and creative.
Less can be more."

Tal Ben-Shahar is the author of the books:

Happier
and
The Pursuit of Perfect




"Less can be more."

I like that.
How about
Y O U
?



ALOHA,
cloudia

23 comments:

JTG (Misalyn) said...

Hi Cloudia.

There seems to be a problem with the audio of my PC, can't hear the music.

Great images and interesting quotations again. If I could apply the "less can be more" with my nursing career, I would love to but I know it is not applicable when it comes to patient care. In some perspective of our life, it could be.

Salaam and salamat for sharing.

Hilary said...

Beautiful photos as always.. and wonderful text. I love that spotted eagle ray. How cool is that!

I haven't heard this song in a long time. Thanks for that. :)

Fireblossom said...

Lovely to see you again, my friend! I love the Moodies, and "Tuesday Afternoon" in particular. How did you make that little songbar come up? i really enjoyed hearing the music as i read the post!

Of course, blogfriends count! I would be lost without mine, definitely including present company! Three years ago I had to ask a friend what a blog even was. Now I can't imagine missing all the wisdom, humor and talent of the people who are just a click away, all over the world.

You're something else, the way you keep finding these wonderful quotes and sharing your pictures. I love my daily Hawaii vacation!

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

Oh my that eagle ray is awesome! I have never seen one.
<><

Cloudia said...

Nurses do LOTS! Thank you!

Yes, eagle ARE rays cool- so are you Folks!!

is a great site for music where you can make a gadget to put a song on your blog.

Cloudia said...

"Eagle are rays cool"
???????

You know what I meant, LOL

Anonymous said...

aaahhh...moody blues in the middle of the night...thank you for that, decades since last I heard anything of them.

Please have a wonderful Wednesday.

Teresa said...

Your blog sure makes me happy!! Love the idea that less can be more!

Rosaria Williams said...

The power of focus and intent. Very powerful stuff.

G-Man said...

Mahalo Cloudia.....

Feisty Crone said...

I love the Moody Blues in general, and this song in particular!2
Thanks, Cloudia!

roughterrain crane said...

I love your photo of the ray.
The neighbourhood is a treasure.

Anonymous said...

Wishes unlimited - The root cause.
If we curtail And control - We the happier.

Cloudia said...

thanks!!!

magiceye said...

such a lovely warm post!

namaste /\
aloha!

Charles Gramlich said...

focus is indeed so important. When I'm truly focused on something I feel completely satisfied and happy. I never thing about not being happy.

Lana Gramlich said...

Great photos! I love the ray!

Anonymous said...

The pink paint can man says "oooh" to one side of his "mouth," like "need to spend more time for self..." Mahalo, DrumMajor

Michael St. James said...

breathtaking pictures! Thanks for sharing and lovely blog!

www.bagpoor.com

Unknown said...

Hello

I won't go!

I won't go!

I won't go!

Jew Wishes said...

What great quotes! Thanks for sharing.

Shalom.

Unknown said...

This is a lovely, positive, inspiring post for me to read at 4:00 a.m. Thank you!

Junosmom said...

That must be my problem, the inability to concentrate on something for any length of time, LOL. I guess my day will come.