Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Camera Dog

Aloha, Friend

Welcome to Wednesday

in

Waikiki


click on the photos!
"A poem begins in delight and ends in wisdom. "

Robert Frost


"At the age of four

with paper hats and wooden swords

we're all Generals.

Only some of us never grow out of it. "

Peter Ustinov


"If you live to be 100,

I hope to live to be 100 minus one day,

so I never have to live without you."

Winnie the Pooh


Captive sky - or imprisoned eye?


"There are always flowers

for those that want to see them."

Henri Matisse

><>


My camera

is just like a dog:

Eager to please.

But sometimes

when I point it towards a

little miracle

all it sees

is my finger.

I suppose that's

what all the advanced

lenses and filters are about.


And when the camera loves you

it's canine devotion

is whole-hearted

as it is

fleeting.


ALOHA, cloudia

26 comments:

the walking man said...

many a camera has caught my finger to, especially them that are trying to pose me.

Dinesh chandra said...

GOOD POST HI REGARDS

Rosaria Williams said...

Love those last lines. Aloha back!

SandyCarlson said...

I know what you mean. Which makes me think of all the 35 mm photos in the albums that have fingers in them. Remember when there was no correcting that stuff. I like to think dad (he took the photos) was so focused on us that he didn't notice. (Not that we were fussy and he had to move quickly, of course....)

Reader Wil said...

Lovely post, Cloudia! Aloha!

Dave King said...

I used to be impressed, b ut it's now way beyond impressive. How do you keep it up?

wenn said...

interesting!

Akelamalu said...

I love the Winnie the Pooh quote, it's how I feel about MWM. :)

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

i like the way pooh thinks.
<><

BLOGitse said...

Aloha from Cairo!
Did you notice my twitter acc was hacked? Should be ok now...

BLOGitse

Couture Carrie said...

Love that first pic, darling C! And the Robert Frost quote is lovely!

xoxox,
CC

David Cranmer said...

Buenas dias!

Charles Gramlich said...

I'll have to ask Lana if she personifies her camera. Otherwise it sounds just a bit hallucinatory! :)

Teresa said...

Never thought of a camera as a faithful friend.

Heff said...

A beautiful post, as always.

H.B.A.G. is once again OPEN.

Aloha.

Lana Gramlich said...

Pooh bear has much wisdom.

Anonymous said...

Your boyfriend Heff is back at the bar and grill. Kiss Kiss Kiss.

Travis Erwin said...

Sombreros in paradise. Who'd a thunk it?

Daryl said...

Sweet puppy .. lovely poem aloha!

Hilary said...

Sometimes my camera gives me the finger too. That's what Photoshop is for. :)

Tammie Lee said...

Cloudia,
Thank you for sharing these wonderful quotes and glimpses into your world.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful first photography of yours !

And yes, there were many thoughts, about what a finger can do, while taking a picture, deciding so much.

A wonderful Thursday for you.

Cloudia said...

You made my DAY!

(Thanks Dave :)

Bhavesh Chhatbar said...

:) Nice one :)

Love Is In The Air, Love Is In Nature

Fireblossom said...

arf!

Snaggle Tooth said...

Thanks for the feelings, n remembering Robert Frost- one of my old faves

Cute dog!