Saturday, February 27, 2010

Tsunami Progress

amazing reports from neighbor islands of weird surf conditions.

Rushing water, exposed reefs.

In fact, some secondary waves are stronger than the first.

Officials from the Tsunami Center look more relaxed on camera.

Many surface roads in the inundation zone remain closed. Roads into Waikiki remain

blockaded.

Exciting, a worthwhile drill for "when" not "if" there is another disaster.


I'll not soon forget police with sirens & loudspeakers clearing the beaches and harbors...

adrenaline is a strange drug indeed. Not back to normal, but a whole less scary.


Aloha! c-

13 comments:

Dina said...

I'm right down there with Miss Kitty. Can't blame her.

David Cranmer said...

Our thoughts and prayers are with you. Please keep us updated.

Lyzzydee said...

I am praying that you all stay safe. thinking of you all
xx

Jo said...

Cloudia, yes, often the second, third and even fourth waves are bigger than the first. I'm glad you're safe. Please keep us updated.

Cheers!

Jo

g-man said...

Cloudia....?

Stay high...I Am!

Rosaria Williams said...

oh Clodia, you poor thing! We have been gone all day. In one swoop, life can change on us. Glad to hear the good news.

Ensurai said...

We in Malaysia are watching the CNN news with great care.

And from the land of the Hornbills (Sarawak) I wish you and your family safety from tsunami and any after shock effects.

May the people of Chile be save too....

the walking man said...

Glad to hear you took the way that was open to you. Happy you and the old man are done with this wave of adrenalin. Have some tea today and relax a bit.

Charles Gramlich said...

Glad it hasn't been much worse than weird so far. Be careful.

Feisty Crone said...

Thinking of you still. Take care.

Unknown said...

I've been thinking of you. There have been many aftershocks...and I'm not sure what that might mean when it comes to tsunamis. I'm sending you positive thoughts!

Chris said...

Hang in there. All we get in SoCal is earthquakes. Tsunamis sound scarier.

Junosmom said...

I have been following on TV, worried. You were my first thought when I heard that there was a tsunami warning - but Cloudia is in a BOAT! I am glad you have emergency plans.