Sunday, February 7, 2010

Worship Ways

ALOHA

Friends
it's
SUNDAY
in
W A I K I K I

click on photos to really FEEL it!
"The groves were God's first temples."
William C. Bryant



"People are like stained-glass windows.
They sparkle and shine when the sun is out,
but when darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed
only if there is a light from within."

Elisabeth Kubler-Ross

><<<<;<'>


Some people worship in a church.
Some worship on a motorcycle,
or out on the water.
For some, spending time with family
is their true communion with what matters.




Some of us like to be alone in a quiet place
the better to hear
that still, small voice.




I believe that the sheer expression of joy in this life,
and in each other,
is a high form of worship.
Last week at a community event,
an audience member got up and danced
Hula spontaneously.




That filled me with gratitude
and a desire to spread the good.





Look for yourself:


To spread some good, click HERE


Warm ALOHA, cloudia

27 comments:

the walking man said...

Every time I watch a hula now after your sharing I see people connected through their dance language to earth, wind and, sky. It is a good thing to break out and dance upon the earth and sing a simple song to her.

Anonymous said...

Hula is such a wonderful story from the heart, like a careful slow painting of affection gently blowing over the audience. Mahalo for sharing. DrumMajor

BLOGitse said...

smooth, friendly, beautiful...

Aloha from Cairo!

BLOGitse

Hilary said...

That's just beautiful.

Unknown said...

Nice post, as always! Happy Sunday to you, my friend!

Rob Siemann said...

Beautiful mangroves!

Akelamalu said...

Hula is such a graceful dance and when I get to Hawaii I'm gonna give it a whirl! :)

The romantic query letter and the happy-ever-after said...

A tuly stunning, almost romantic mangrove, held in an embrace now that's a cause for worship.
Warm regards and a happy Sunday.

Fireblossom said...

Sorry I missed chirch but I was busy becoming a lesbian and practicing witchcraft.

(bumper sticker on my car) hehe

Kavita Saharia said...

I wish at least i get one chance to see Hula.Wonderful post Cloudia.Aloha !!

Maude Lynn said...

I love that tree!

Anonymous said...

She looks so happy dancing up there!!!!

Anonymous said...

ultra nice
free & easy

Dinesh chandra said...

Hi fntastic pictures , reading the blog is super.

Regards

Dinesh Chandra
919988901723

இ Baŋäŋaz இ said...

Oops sorry I've got a 'strange' not so nice feeling for the first pix of the grove. Love stained-glass windows. TQ

Carol said...

Lovely.

Daryl said...

Halo to you too!

As always a lovely combo of words and photos

Aloha!

Anonymous said...

sweet!

Anonymous said...

cool photos

Anonymous said...

Popping in to say Aloha. ;)

Anonymous said...

Turning round and round, through you light of day, into the dark of night over here, yet eternal and far from time. Thank you. A wonderful Tuesday for you.

T-Cule said...

nice pics..i think the header of your blog is a little big :-)

G-Man said...

I think your blog is beautiful and perfect!

Junosmom said...

Aloha, Cloudia. Snow again this morning. Checking with you for some sunshine. I've been reading all week, but have had little time to comment - but I'm here!

Me said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!

:)

Cloudia said...

Aloha dear friends!! thanks

Unknown said...

I so love that tree.... and these words you've shared here.