Friday, March 5, 2010

What Am I?

It's
Aloha Friday
><>
Welcome!


Click on the photos please
There is much of interest under Hawaiian skies. . .


"Keep the circus going inside you,
keep it going
don't take anything seriously,
it'll all work out in the end."
David Niven



Here light is dancing, but what is this lamp?


"Some memories are realities,
and are better than anything
that can ever happen to one again."
Willa Cather


Why would anyone want to wear fur in Hawaii?


"He who wants to do good
knocks on the gate;
he who loves
finds the door open."
Rabindranath Tagore



Oh wait! There is an ear. . .


"If you wish to avoid seeing a fool
you must first break your mirror."
Francois Rabelais


<>< <>< ><>



Yes, it is sea-going Kitty. Aloha, sailor!


“The stray cat Oscar added many thing to our menage.
Each evening I thought afresh that a nice cat washing his face
by the hearth gives extra comfort to a room.”

- James Herriot



><>


Whatever you do,
whatever you feel,
you will still be
here;
and you can still
sit still.


You needn't concentrate
or worry
to keep from falling off
the Earth.

And when you do leave here
you will be going
someplace
that some
call "home."

I'm not entirely comfortable
wearing this body
(though it is a privilege)
but I have to wonder
what interesting thing
will happen in this world
next.

We all play a part here
yet seldom know
which is small
or great.



ALOHA, cloudia


37 comments:

Reader Wil said...

There's always a saying among your words that touches me. This time it's:"Some memories are realities,
and are better than anything
that can ever happen to one again."

Thanks! Aloha!

Snaggle Tooth said...

Beautiful kitty fir pix! Good quotes to ponder also-
Very peaceful sky vista- thanks

BLOGitse said...

Aloha from sunny Cairo!

BLOGitse

the walking man said...

No need to know where my marks on the stage are, being on the stage will allow me to find them.

Monkey Man said...

Great photos. Such a skillful eye.

Anonymous said...

Hi - just found your blog, great photos! And I love the opportunity to "visit" Hawaii again, will be sure to follow -

Unseen India Tours said...

Beautiful words and beautiful shot !! Great shot!!

Dianne said...

the sky shot is stunning!!

and I love the soft fuzzy of the cat

DeniseinVA said...

Sea-kitty looks comfortable in front of a camera. All your photos and quotes and entire post are always enjoyable. Aloha from 'hey it's finally going to be warming up here' Virginia. Well at least to the 50s for the next few days ;)

clean and crazy said...

wonderful post

Heff said...

ALOHA FRIDAY !

Charles Gramlich said...

I thought I recognized kitty fur. I've petted enough of it

Jo said...

Looking at that photo of the sky made me feel as if I just woke up and was greeting the day in Hawaii.

*siiiiigh*

Have a fabulous day, Cloudia!

Mehmet Osman Çağlar said...

Clodia

Hello my friend!

I added you to my best friends section and I will be in your every post kindly.

besos!!

best wishes..a good weekend

Teresa said...

Cool post, Cloudia. My regards to the elegant model, Miss Kitty!

Akelamalu said...

Is it a fibre optic lamp?

Anonymous said...

beautiful

isabella kramer - veredit said...

Aloha from the cold Northern Germany!!

A dreamy sky view!!!

Skywatch Friday

Rosaria Williams said...

You got your groove back! Love the photos.

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

more fantastic shots!
<><

Couture Carrie said...

Another gorgeous one!

Have a fabulous weekend!

xoxox,
CC

Tammie Lee said...

Your words about what is next made me smile. As did everything you wrote. Life is a gift.

louisebah said...

aloha Cloudia! love your cat!! i love the the circus quote.

Cloudia said...

Jolly!

Thank YOU for visiting-

David Cranmer said...

Some fine quotes.

Mike Minzes said...

Nice blog. I will be back for more!

gabrielle said...

Glad to hear the seas are calm again under those inexhaustible Hawaiian skies. Love the ear tufts!

Cloudia said...

Thanks...TUFTS . . . Cool!

Lisa said...

The sky is beautiful, but I have to scan down the post fast. I am scared of c a tttt s.

magiceye said...

brilliant!

namaste /\
aloha!

Fireblossom said...

Sea Kitty rules! I love the quote about extra comfort.

Kay said...

Cloudia, that first photo is absolutely magnificent!

Rosaria Williams said...

Wow, lots to ruminate on.

Cloudia said...

So happy to see YOU, thanks!

Anonymous said...

You have a romantic and philospohical way about you that I like!

Secretia

Nara Malone said...

I love the picture of the cat, all the ictures. I ache to revisit the beauty of Hawaii. The poem at the end is perfect. Sitting still is something I'd like to onder on.

Junosmom said...

My kitty says hi to yours. Perhaps she'll send her an email (see today's post).