Tuesday, April 13, 2010

How to Fix Computers

Aloha Friend!


Welcome to Waikiki




please click on photos to saturate your spirit with color
Let's relax on the sun deck overlooking Kapiolani Park
and Diamond Head.


"The amount of satisfaction you get from life
depends largely on your own ingenuity,
self-sufficiency
and resourcefulness."

William C. Menninger

"All colors are the friends of their neighbors
and the lovers of their opposites.
"

Marc Chagall




"Colors are the smiles of nature. "


Leigh Hunt



><>



Do you have your pencils ready?

Today I'm going to tell you how to fix your computer.

It doesn't involve writing a check,
waiting on hold on the telephone,
or a trip to the super store.

Recently I was stuck in safe mode.
(You sniggering Apple people can just chill out!)
Windows forums,
Dell support,
all led me on the usual
merry chase
through tons of useless information,
much of it over my head.

My friend Yu said:
"Google your problem.
If there's a code involved,
cut & paste that
into the Google search window."

I typed in:
"Stuck in Safe Mode."
The first link took me to a solution
that I could follow.

I never went into
MSCONFIG
before-
SCARY!

But sure enough,
I was back in normal mode!

And have you noticed?
Look at me!

I'm coming to you wireless

and

on battery power!

Now I can be like those people on TV
walking around with their lap tops!

And one final free gift today:

A free program from
AUSLOGICS
provides a one-button cleanup
for your computer
(I run it every day)
that cleans up registry errors
and does other housekeeping
that keeps your
Machine Clean.

You know what to do!
Google Auslogics.

And do come back very soon.
Your visit means the world to me.

Till then,
Ahui Ho Kakou
and Aloha!

cloudia

30 comments:

Anonymous said...

William quote is very nice. I love reading it twice/thrice. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

good to know that GOOGLE is alive and well, CC!!! I bought an Acer netbook tonight from Costco and will take it to Hong Kong next month!!!

xxx said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
xxx said...

Hi Cloudia :)

I have an invitation for you to join myself and others in a creative project that may be of interest to you.

Please drop by for more details.

Thank you
I hope you will join us.
Robyn :)

the walking man said...

Finding all those hidden electronic brooms these beasts have to clean themselves up with can be a journey to an unknown land with no clear destination. Glad the right button was pushed because a typo can be fatal.

RONW said...

nice view

Junosmom said...

I need to Google "power cord". My daughter accidentally gave my only power cord to my dad who is working on an old computer for us. I write to you on hers - she has to share until I replace it - but of course, I won't have free access whenever I want.

Charles Gramlich said...

I fortunately have super Lana to fix my computer whenever it gives me trouble.

Lynda Lehmann said...

I love the photos and the quotes you have chosen.

And I'm glad your visit to MSCONFIG went well.

My first PC had Windows 98 installed, and I spent half my life on the phone with tech support, even had to "zero" the hard drive a few times. And it was still, never right. I know how frustrating those problems can be!

Mehmet Osman Çağlar said...

I don't understand technology very
much. Thanks for sharing dear friend.

Unseen Rajasthan said...

Beautiful view ~~!!

Maude Lynn said...

I love that picture of the balloons!

Jingle said...

beautiful indeed,
awesome view!

Daryl said...

Congrats!!!!!!!!!

moneythoughts said...

I can only imagine what the deleted comment must have said. Your 2nd photo caused me to look twice. You definitely have a sense of humor.

Anonymous said...

What are you guys doing with all those colorful condoms?

BLOGitse said...

I'm happy for you!
Aloha from Casa!

BLOGitse

Rosaria Williams said...

A free geeky lesson! Yeah!

DeniseinVA said...

I'm going to file all that away Cloudia. Thanks for passing that along and I'm glad you sorted all that out.

Friko said...

I'm really awfully sorry, Cloudia, but I'm one of those sniggering Mac people.

Anonymous said...

It took me until the year 2000 to buy me a computer, by then I was already twenty-six years of age, writing nearly always with a pencil, a mobile phone followed a year after. Thank you for sharing this information, as it feels many times as if am stepping out of "my safe mode".
Please have a wonderful Wednesday.

barefoot navigation

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

I'll be saving this info C!~ Thanks.
<><

Fireblossom said...

Well, aren't we just the little techie nerd! :-D

Cloudia said...

Aloha, thanks

LifeRamblings said...

Aloha friend! nice pictures and lovely quotes.

Teresa said...

Thanks for all the great information, Cloudia!!

Anonymous said...

I've had to poke around in safe mode myself a few times.

Hilary said...

Sorry, I'm a sniggering Mac person but I'm glad you figured it out. :)

And I love those colourful balloons.

Cloudia said...

Thanks for visiting

SandyCarlson said...

Well that's cool. May no hacker ever get the best of Google. Where would we be without it?