Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Meet Osokin

Aloha, Friend!
Come Walk with me
Through the Streets of
Waikiki



Click on the photo art :)
Bus Stop


"The world is full of magical things
patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper."

Bertrand Russell


"It is strange that the years teach us patience;
that the shorter our time,
the greater our capacity for waiting."

Elizabeth Taylor



"There are times
when even the best manager
is like the little boy with the big dog,
waiting to see where the dog wants to go
so he can take him there. "

Lee Iacocca



><>


Funny how the life I had
growing up
in that big, eastern, mainland city:
walking the city scape,
it's hours, seasons, changes
(and my own)
funny how I'm living
the same way in a new
and different environment.

Nature? Nurture?
It's just the way that I am. . .

As long as there is a sidewalk
preferably, now, by a sea shore,
in view of mountains,
among ever changing shoals
of human interactions,
some cool architecture,
dear greenery,
and street food,
I will be a walker
gentle presence
hander-over
of dollar bills. . .


Think of me as a "Beach Town Thoreau,"
chronicler of rainbows,
enabler of random Aloha,
direction-giver to visitors.

As such
it is most important for me
to ramble Waikiki
with no destination
but happiness.

I recommend that
YOU try it.
Take your amicability out for a walk.
Bless the world
great & small
with your gaze.

Oh!
and who is Ivan Osokin?
He is Ouspensky's hero
who, given the chance for a
life do-over
creates exactly the same existance
even with the wisdom
of experience.
Character is destiny.
The only solution
is to adopt the character
you WANT to have!

And thanks for blessing mine
with your friendly attention!

cloudia


23 comments:

Trotter said...

Aloha Cloudia! Lovely shots, wonderful quotes; a great way to start the day...

Blogtrotter Two has a French party for you in Turkey... ;) Enjoy and have a great week!!

LadyFi said...

Aloha.. lovely words of wisdom to go with those gentle photos.

Orchid said...

Hello...Very interesting blog yoo have. And I love the pic on your blog profile. Cheers!!!

Webanswers said...

Nice Post

Akelamalu said...

Nice quotes today m'dear and I love the photo of the band - their jackets look as though they're made of flowers!

Anonymous said...

Ooooooh, old DrumMajor wants to hang out with the Aloha Shirt Band! Wonderful green grass and lightweight uniforms, instead of heavy wool uniforms.
You absolutely must emit an aura of calmness in tune with the animals....the doves are your friends!
Thanks for strolling along the sand for us. DrumMajor

the walking man said...

Amicability is a good thing. Wish it were more possible here but for security reasons it is doled out in small doses.

Short Poems said...

Hello Cloudia, lovely and interesting blog you have!
Great pics :)

Marinela x

Maude Lynn said...

"Beach Town Thoreau." I love that!

christopher said...

It seems that each time I visit your site I read quotes that I needed to hear.

And much to think about with 'Osokin'.

Teresa said...

Thanks for sharing your daily walk with us!

Daryl said...

I always enjoy and admire the way you find the perfect quote for each photo .. aloha! Xox

The Weaver of Grass said...

There is some food for thought there Cloudia.

Ivy and Haley said...

Beautiful pictures, beautiful quotes. Looks like you are living a beautiful life.

come visit me.
http://ivyandhaley.blogspot.com

Ivy

Cloudia said...

You guys are like jewels left in the morning - such TREASURE in my life!

magiceye said...

namaste /\ from mumbai
aloha!!

nancy huggins said...

I was blogging around and saw your blog and that you live in the beautiful state of Hawaii.It is my favorite place and won 2 trips in the 80's to Maui and everytime I hear others complain about the weather and they wonder where they could live where the weather was perfect year round....I tell them to go to Hawaii.
My son wanted to take me on a cruise in 2012 and I told him I do not want to cruise out of the country and that hawaii would be perfect and then he told me that is where he planned to take me.I can't wait to come back to your beautiful state :)

Full-On-Forward said...

"The world is full of magical things
patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper."

We have eternity and I pray I can read you for that long!

J

Unseen Rajasthan said...

Beautiful Shots and nice words !! I am impressed !!

claude said...

I should like to go for a walk in the streets of Waikiki.
With you Cloudia !
Aloha !

Cloudia said...

Very Cool!

G-Man said...

Cloudia...
You are such a gentle soul.
Thank you.

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

Thanks Cloudia!
<><