Wednesday, May 26, 2010

So Clooney - So Close

Aloha Movie Fans!



Click on the Clooney

"Ideals are like stars,

you will not succeed in touching them with your hands.

But like the seafarer on the desert of waters,

you choose them as your guides,

and following them

you will reach your destiny."


Carl Shurz






"Tact is,

after all,

a kind of

mind-reading."


Sarah Orne-Jewitt


"Man (or woman :)

will do many things to be loved;

he will do all things

to get himself envied."


Mark Twain



><>


I rarely go to the yacht club anymore,
even though it is just 156 steps from my boat.
But Saturday night,
a little angel whispered in my ear:
"Why not put on some bling and go over to the club?"

The idea was tantalizing for a moment
before being overtaken by
Polynesian paralysis.

The next day the harbor was abuzz;
George Clooney,
and a few of his colleagues
who are filming here on Oahu
were at OUR club
for a quiet evening of drinking!

George was tending bar
and VERY approachable
to club members who came by.


You can't avoid me forever,
George!

26 comments:

JTG (Misalyn) said...

Nice captures Cloudia. Handsome George Clooney woootttt! wooot! Yay! am a Self confessed movie fan.

Ekanthapadhikan said...

Seems like you had a great day!

Anonymous said...

I really like the quote about tact!

Kay said...

OH Wow! That does it! I'm coming home to Hawaii.

Akelamalu said...

You got to meet George Clooney???? I am so jealous!

claude said...

Sorry Cloudia but I am not a George Clooney fan. I do not know why. may be because of the pub movies he plays for Nespresso.
I have the same hibiscus.
Aloha, Cloudia !

Teresa said...

So did you or didn't you go to the club when George Clooney was tending bar? And if not, why not?

Charles Gramlich said...

Tact is mind reading. I never thoguht of that but it's so true. No wonder I'm so bad at being tactful.

Daryl said...

OMG ...

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

I would have died!
<><

Cloudia said...

No I didn't go over...
hence the sound of kicking myself,
LOL!

Glad I got to be with You here :)

DeniseinVA said...

Ahhhh, life is full of missed opportunities!!!!

quilly said...

Oh wow! Get dressed and go now. Sit there until he returns. Oh wow!

Brian Miller said...

nice pics...would have been neat to talk to him for a bit...and ask him why the whole Batman movie...really just why....

aysegul said...

oohh my god veryy handsome..ı want to
touch him :DDD

heey ı love you beatiful girl..:))

Aloha aloha xoxo

Elizabeth Bradley said...

I wasn't a George Clooney fan until I saw his latest movie Up In The Air, I guess he basically plays himself but it was a wonderful performance. Too bad you didn't listen to your inner self and pop over.

Rosaria Williams said...

Cloudia, the whole idea of going to the club is to see and be seen. See, you miss Clooney and now we have to moan with you at the missed oppurtunity. Darn.
Wait. Did you say there will be filming nearby?

Cloudia said...

Filming for "The Descendants" wraps up filming this week!

Bye, George...


Next up: Hawaii 50 on CBS this Fall

Full-On-Forward said...

We like YOU Cloudia!

Much more approachable than George! LOL,

John

SandyCarlson said...

Some girls have a the luck! What fun! Beautiful post.

Rajesh said...

Fantastic captures. That is a beautiful hibiscus flower, the color I have not seen before.

Nancy said...

Ahhh that "little voice" tried to get you to bling-up and go meet The George. We never win when we ignore it!

Dinesh chandra said...

nice pic , great days .

cloudia waht a beautiful life i jalous.

good bog & good post .
regards

Dinesh Chandra

LadyFi said...

Swoon... Clooney! Gorgeous!

And great quotes too... ;-)

Hilary said...

I must have misplaced my invitation... ;) Glad you had fun. :)

Cloudia said...

Very cool :)