Friday, May 21, 2010

A Treat to See

Aloha, Friend!



Click on photos
Sky Rabbit


"One must truly HOLD A SPACE for oneself.
All things conspire
to close up this space."

Kay Ryan







"All along the backwater,
Through the rushes tall,
Ducks are a-dabbling,
Up tails all!"


The Wind in the Willows
'Ducks Ditty'
by Rat






"When you take a flower in your hand and really look at it,
it's your world for the moment.
I want to give that world to someone else.
Most people in the city rush around so,
they have no time to look at a flower.
I want them to see it whether they want to or not."


Georgia O'Keeffe


><>



A Plain Ordinary Steel Needle
Can Float on Pure Water

by
Kay Ryan,
Poet Laureate of the United States


It's a treat to see water
so rubbery, a needle
so peaceful, the point encased
in the tenderest dimple.
It seems so simple
when things or people
have modified each others' qualities
somewhat.

20 comments:

Unseen Rajasthan said...

Fantastic and beautiful Shot !!Great Sky shot !!

xxx said...

love the colours in the hibiscus... i haven't seen one like that before.

best wishes
robyn

BLOGitse said...

Aloha from Casa!

BLOGitse

Orchid said...

the hibiscus is really beautiful..and the rainbow in the previous post has been captured very well...cheers!!!

Daryl said...

Wind in the Willows was the first book I ever read on my own,I was in first grade ..

And that rabbit cloud .. awesome!

Charles Gramlich said...

Lana has really taught me to enjoy flowers.

Akelamalu said...

You always share such beautiful images Cloudia, thankyou. x

Teresa said...

I love the Wind in the Willows!! Great post today.

Full-On-Forward said...

Oh my always counted on Paradise! I nominated your house for an awards ceremony! Get ready for a couple hundred guests! LOL!!

Thanks for such a peaceful spot- everyday in this hustle bustle world!

Looks like we may be able to Walk on water in the Gulf soon! What a tragedy!

Great Rabbit--

John

Tammie Lee said...

I love that first photo!

foongpc said...

Beautiful 1st photo! The hibiscus, Malaysia's national flower! : )

SFBakstad said...

I don't know how I found your blog, but I'm so happy I did. That picture of the clouds and the hibiscus were amazing. I was born and raised in Hawaii (right in Kahala) and your blog got me a little homesick! Really looking forward to following you!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful cloud photography - and the thoughts about the needles will for sure keep me awake. Please have a nice Saturday.

Bonnie Zieman, M.Ed. said...

Lovely post! Love the cloud rabbit and that amazing hibiscus!

Marguerite said...

Fabulous pics, cher! Happy Weekend! Aloha from Cajun country!

Dinesh chandra said...

what a flowers . good post

Regards

Dinesh Chandra

Fireblossom said...

I thought it was supposed to be MOON rabbit!?! Wait til Chang-O hears about this! ;-)

Jenn Jilks said...

What I adore about your neck of the woods is the colour of flora and fauna! Beautiful work, friend.
Aloha

Lana Gramlich said...

The shot on the boat makes me long for another venture out onto the water. Unfortunately we know what the waters of coastal Louisiana are like now...

Cloudia said...

What a GREAT comments party today!!!!


Thank YOU