Monday, August 9, 2010

Equanimity

Aloha!



Your seat is ready



“When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show.


When you're born in America, you get a front row seat.”


George Carlin


Tree-Hugger



“They may forget what you said,

but they will never forget how you made them feel.”


Carl W. Buechner






"There is no such thing as pure pleasure;

some anxiety always goes with it."

- Ovid





><>




One day

we awake with a start

and realize how little of any consequence

we have accomplished.



Then somehow we understand

that nothing really needs to be accomplished.


And the impact we have had on others

for good or ill,

great or small,

must remain a blessed mystery


until illumination


or oblivion. . .

14 comments:

Couture Carrie said...

Awesome quotes, darling Cloudia!
Totally inspiring post!

xoxox,
CC

Brian Miller said...

ha. welcome to the freak show...there is great wisdom in your write there at the end...and i dont mind the mystery...smiles.

Bonnie Zieman, M.Ed. said...

All SO true!! :-)

Teresa said...

I vote for oblivion!

nonizamboni said...

My thinking exactly. . .the part of about how little I've accomplished. Thanks for shedding another light on it.
Happy week!

Rosaria Williams said...

Love, love, your last musings. Yes!

Friko said...

no, not freak show. I don't like that.
But I do like very much the words. . . .how little of any consequence we have accomplished and how little that matters.

Well said, I should copy that.

Maude Lynn said...

I just love this post! And, that Carlin quote is priceless.

Junosmom said...

How did you know that is what I've been thinking? I woke up in the middle of the night calculating my best odds at years left on earth and worrying about the lost chances, and lack of accomplishments. And I vote for illumination.

Charles Gramlich said...

Nothing really needs to be accomplished. I sometimes wish I could live like that.

Fireblossom said...

oOoo, lookit the bike!

Cloudia said...

You fill me with awe,


gratitude,

and crack me up!

bichonpawz said...

As always....love your pics and your inspiration!!!

Cloudia said...

Thanks, you two :)