Monday, August 2, 2010

Hawaiian Ghost

This town looks pretty modern. . .


"I ain't afraid of no ghosts."
Bill Murray





But some old characters are still hanging around


"There are mystically in our faces certain characters

which carry in them the motto of our souls,

wherein he that cannot read A, B, C may read our natures."

~Sir Thomas Browne



. . . and some even-older ones!


"The face of a child can say it all,

especially the mouth part of the face."



Jack Handy




Sure, disbelieve when the sun's shining. . .




“This night methinks is but the daylight sick.”

William Shakespeare







But something's out there.
To see more, click:

18 comments:

BLOGitse said...

Aloha from Casa my friend!

Charles Gramlich said...

the night is sick day. Hum, Never thought of it that way.

Rosaria Williams said...

I don't know what I enjoy more, your pictures, your quotes, or the wisdom I get from the entire experience. Many thanks for this daily comfort you provide.

wenn said...

love the picture of the building!

ma thet zin said...

Very nice
Regards

Sepiru Chris said...

Aloha Cloudia,

I finally make it (back) over!

Do you know the folks making the film? It looks well done; as you know, the Chinese love their ghost stories, too and I have become, in not a connoisseur, then at least vaguely competent and sussing out the better flicks.

I like the idea of the butterfly as the calling card, and the image of the peace washing over him, as the warning leaves the internal voice... Nice choice of extra media for today's post!

All my best from Hong Kong...

Tschuess,
Chris

Junosmom said...

Thanks for continuing to comment, friend, during my convalescence.

David Cranmer said...

I love collecting face masks from around the world.

Teresa said...

Love the great ghost pictures!

Dianne said...

hey lady, I've been missing for a spell but I'm trying to get back into the routine

love the building and the fierce sky

Anonymous said...

nice shots & video,
kt

Hilary said...

oh that fiery sunset is gorgeous.

gigi-hawaii said...

CC, disregard my previous email to you. I discovered I cannot comment using OPEN ID, but I can using NAME/URL or ANONYMOUS.

Anyway, I loved the video. Made me weep!

claude said...

Beautifil skyscraper !
I like very much the face masks.
Nice sky !
Aloha my friend !

Akelamalu said...

Ah, I'm a believer!

Cloudia said...

You are the BEST! Thank you for your dear visit and comment today!

Country Girl said...

Some of these quotes made me laugh out loud. Thanks! I needed that.

Cloudia said...

Thanks CG!