Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Walk & Talk Waikiki

Aloha Sweetie!


you can click on these shots if you like :)

"Certain kinds of truths

are convincing

only in narrative."


Adam Gropnik


so let me tell you a story as we walk...



"Be passers-by."

Jesus,
in the Gospel of Thomas


We walk aimlessly through Waikiki. . .




Everywhere the story unfolds. . .

superceding. . . so that i forget what was wanting to be said. . .


"We think that by naming

we can understand,

as if the tongue

were more than muscle."


Gary Whitehead



>>


We are all purveyors

or our own opinions;


Behaving as evangelists,

shouting on street corners,

assuming each passer-by

is a heathen.


If only they would listen

to

ME!



Sharing stolen zingers

no one's listening to deeply held beliefs;

is it any wonder

communication

finds no place

to grow?



So glad YOU stopped by! cloudia

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you wrote And share.
- Thanks

Kavita Saharia said...

The first picture is breathtakingly beautiful.Aloha !

Teresa said...

Thanks for contributing to the world's communication.

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

That first shot is awesome.
Aloha Cloudia!
<><

BLOGitse said...

Aloha from Casa! where you meet a beautiful Moroccan bride in a traditional Henna Dress... :)

SandyCarlson said...

So glad to stop here this afternoon, my friend. Your thoughts make me think of the words of a friend, "It's none of my business what you think of me," he says. So true. Opinions should be private. That leaves room to see and know people.

Travis Erwin said...

I used your pic in my post today.

wenn said...

love yr pictures!

Fireblossom said...

Woohoo, there you are! Last time I tried to visit, it told me there was no such post. Outrageous! ;-)

Feisty Crone said...

All the photos are beauts! Aloha!

DrillerAA said...

Outstanding captures.
The Gospel of Thomas? That's a new one. It must be filled with doubt.

DrillerAA said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Akelamalu said...

What a cool bike and I wish I was on that beach right now. :)

Dianne said...

wow!! and more wow!! on that top shot

Cloudia said...

Mahalo

means: "Thank YOU!"

RONW said...

I've seen that biker abouts Waikiki and he always looks like dat.