Friday, September 17, 2010

Honolulu Morning

Aloha Kakahiaka!

Morning kisses Honolulu

"Probably the happiest period in life

most frequently is in middle age,

when the eager passions of youth are cooled,

and the infirmities of age not yet begun;

as we see that the shadows,

which are at morning and evening so large,

almost entirely disappear at midday."



Eleanor Roosevelt








Sea & Sky sigh. . .

"When I woke up this morning my girlfriend asked me,

'Did you sleep good?'

I said "No, I made a few mistakes."



Steven Wright








Spirits Soar. . .

"A person is a success if they get up in the morning

and get to bed at night

and in between

does what he wants to do."



Bob Dylan

Other spirits slumber in their tiny home. . .


"One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas.

How he got into my pajamas I'll never know."



Groucho Marx

Look at these two. . .



"Just in terms of allocation of time resources,

religion is not very efficient.

There's a lot more I could be doing on a Sunday morning."



Bill Gates



Aloha Kakahiaka Good Morning!


"Prayer is the key of the morning

and the bolt of the evening."



Mohandas Gandhi




><>



Thank YOU

for visiting!
cloudia

23 comments:

Pearl said...

Being firmly entrenched in middle age, I gotta agree with Eleanor on that one!

Pearl

Myrna R. said...

Well, I must say middle age was great. Now is wonderful too.

Cloudia, I love your quotes and the pictures make my day.

Thank you so much.

Brian Miller said...

oh i like that last quote...nice pics too!

aloha from VA!

BALLET NEWS said...

Well Bob Dylan is always right eh?! Love the photos today. So wish I was there !! Happy Weekend sweets.

Cloudia said...

Aloha Friends!!!!!! Thanks

BLOGitse said...

what a beautiful morning!
Aloha from Casa,
have a great weekend!

Rosaria Williams said...

I'm grabbing Bob Dylan's motto, at any age!

Unknown said...

Those first two photos totally knocked my socks off! Which is good cuz I hate wearin 'em! :-)

Hilary said...

As always, a beautiful coupling of photos and quotes. Have a great weekend, Cloudia. :)

Monkey Man said...

I love all of your quotes but am quite fond of the one from Groucho. He followed up with "I was hunting in Alabama because in Alabama the tuskaloosa." Pa dum pum.

Windsmoke. said...

G' Day From Australia, Being a Bob Dylan fan for many years i totally agree with that quote. Great photos to.

Anonymous said...

It has been of great comfort to visit and read your site. Thank you. Please have you all a good weekend.

daily athens

Feisty Crone said...

Eleanor said it well!

Phivos Nicolaides said...

Aloha Kakahiaka Good Morning! I have added your blog to my blog list!!

claude said...

Dear Cloudia,
Every time I wonder where do you find all those quotations.
ALOHA, my Friend !

Dr. Russell Norman Murray said...

'Morning kisses Honolulu'

Fantastic photo. My e-book is online now. Info on blogs.

Happy Weekend.

the walking man said...

Middle age...I remember it well. I think I will keep those secrets to myself. aloha Sista.

Charles Gramlich said...

I agree with that first quote. I remember those years with fondness.

Pietro Brosio said...

Nice post, Cloudia. I like the quote by Mohandas Gandhi, I find it so right.

Betty Manousos said...

Great and inspiring post as usual, Cloudia!
The pictures are sooo beautiful!
It's really hard to pick my fave.

B xx

Betty Manousos said...

Great and inspiring post as usual, Cloudia!
The pictures are sooo beautiful!
It's really hard to pick my fave.

B xx

Anonymous said...

liked well


soon

Junosmom said...

Ah, but Bill Gates is assuming that sitting quietly and praying is not "doing" something. Church on Sunday mornings is the one time during the week that I have an entire hour when I can think inside my head and no one is allowed to talk to me. I cherish the time.