Saturday, October 2, 2010

Make t Look EasyI

ALOHA!

Come On In-





“Here we are, trapped in the amber of the moment.

There is no why.”


Kurt Vonnegut




Complex skies




“Water has an endless horizon;

there is no limitation when you look out into the water.

There's nothing to interfere with the mind's eye projecting itself

as far as it can possibly imagine.


I suppose it's the same way people in the Midwest feel

about watching amber waves of grain or endless rows

of cornfields.


There is something exhilarating about it.”


Billy Joel






"Years and years of preparation are needed

to make it look easy."

cloudia




<>



}{


October light

is like amber

poured over the afternoon.


Even here in the sub-tropics

sunlight wanes, moments a day,

Less harsh,

more of a blessing really.

An embrace of amber

instead of a punch in the face.


Soon all the coffee in Kona

will bloom tiny white blossoms

and red red cherries.

Woven baskets

some decades old

will be worn in the rows

and catch the cherries like before.

On the continent

where I was born

smokey, cooling nights

schocks of leaning corn

scarecrows!

Jack-O-Lanterns

on the porch.

Time passes.

We don't need the geese to rub it in

but we love them;

I love this whole crazy life.

Grab for all the candy

and mischief

you can.

This October

like all the others

will be

unique.


fondly, cloudia

29 comments:

Cloudia said...

BOO!


LOL :)

Teresa said...

Love the first picture and the one of the Tres Amigos ready for Halloween (and there are still 29 more days to go...)

Akannie said...

Beautiful post as always, my dear Cloudia...

A rainy chilly day here in the midwest...I yearn for the warmth of the Islands...

Betty Manousos said...

Thanks for your inspirational post! :)

Warmest ALOHA to you and everyone who would visit and comment in here!

B xx

Toyin O. said...

Great pictures; looks like fun!

http://youcanfacetodaybecausehelives.blogspot.com

Feisty Crone said...

I always love how you use quotes--like Kurt Vonnegut and Bill Joel--in the same post! Aloha!

Windsmoke. said...

G' Day From Australia, Love the firey sunset in the first photo we should be having some great sunsets now that summer in just around the corner. Boo right back at ya!.

Friko said...

you are so right; each and every moment must be savoured.

Anonymous said...

"There is no why." - That will follow me for sure for a long time.

Longing for rain and autumn over here. Years since last I saw snow and colourchanged leaves.

Please have a wonderful Sunday.

daily athens

SandyCarlson said...

Bring on the candy corn and those little creamy pumpkin! I love the amber of this time of year, the softening and the quieting and the slowing. It is delightful. Thanks for this wonderful post. Love the Kurt quote.

Anonymous said...

What a lovely description of October! It's one of my favourite months.

bichonpawz said...

I have to agree that October is one of my most favorite months also! Love that cloud picture! Hope all's well Cloudia!!

Hilary said...

You sure know how to welcome October.

Indrani said...

This is so wonderful.

the walking man said...

Booalhoa!

Myrna R. said...

Yes I love this time of year. And I intend to eat my share of candy. Hope you do too.

Thanks always for the beautiful pictures, quotes and your words.

Charles Gramlich said...

Yes, October light is very nice.

Jenn Jilks said...

I miss the lake, but am content with our big skies and land to walk.
Thank you for sharing your love of the water.
Cheers from Cottage Country !

Kay said...

I haven't bought my candy yet. Happy Fall, Cloudia.

Fireblossom said...

I love Kurt, and read piles of his books in my younger days, but I disagree with him. I believe in a "why", even if it is unknowable here.

Orchid said...

what sunsets!!!love the shots.

I am travelling and no access to my blog so havent been able to get online. hope all is well and i miss blogging and reading your blog too. i am trying to get online every chance i get.cheers!!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
sexmaledinesh.blogspot.com said...

Hi Cloudia how r u good blog.

Regards

Dinesh Chandra

Dr. Russell Norman Murray said...

I would not to run into those three masked old-timers at a bank or club.:)

Halloween is fine though.

DeniseinVA said...

The big bags of candy have been in the store for a few weeks now, ready for Halloween. Our doorbell rings less as those little ones grow. It's also in the 50's this morning and I am in thick woolly socks and it's raining, raining, raining!

Another fun post with great writings, great quotes and always enjoy the great photos.

Aloha my friend.

An English Girl Rambles

s.m. said...

Cliudia, excellent post, as always, so far.

Cloudia said...

So nice to see YOU.


Thanks!

Marguerite said...

That first pic makes me want to be there and I just love the Billy Joel quote! Aloha, mon cher!

Cloudia said...

Bonjour!