Sunday, October 24, 2010

My Team Loses

Aloha!

Thanks for visiting :)



“The less I behave like Whistler's mother

 the night before,

 the more I look like her

 the morning after.”


 Tallulah Bankhead 









"Baseball is almost the only orderly thing
 in a very unorderly world.
 If you get three strikes,
 even the best lawyer in the world


 can't get you off."

Bill Veeck













"Especially in times of darkness,
that is the time to love,
That an act of love
might tip the balance."


Aeschylus







Funny,

I often call San Francisco:
 "My Hometown that I never lived in."

What a great, great city!


 Congratulations on beating my childhood Phillies
for the Pennant.

Thank you, Phillies
for an exciting pennant series and a great season!

That last out was the most exciting baseball possible.

And just remember:
 Baseball is a gentleman's game.






The visitors bat first.

(But then our team has the last crack at the ball,
 the last say :)

You don't hate the other team.




You save THAT for the World Series;

You hate that other, strange league!

And Texas?

I thought Gov Rick Perry was seceding. (Click HERE)

PPPPPPLEASE!!

The American League isn't even REAL, historic ball.
Not like we play it in the National League.
  Fact.


(I propagandize, you decide)



So:

Texas against The Bay?


Who do you think I'm rooting for?






GO LIBERAL-HOMOSEXUAL-TECHNO-ARTIST-HIPPIE-JAZZ
 CAPITOL CITY!

(There are nice folks in Texas like our blogger pal Travis;
Visit him here
But exception that proves the rule, know what I'm sayin`?)




     Have a wonderful, irreplaceable day! cloudia









27 comments:

Bonnie Zieman, M.Ed. said...

dreams crash - other dreams emerge

Unknown said...

I'm not a sports fan but I do dig San Francisco, too! And that great song...

Beautiful photos and words as always.

Love and peace and groovy things,
Gina

Rajesh said...

Wonderful shots.
I understand your feeling, I have also been through this.

Fireblossom said...

Ryan Howard, report to the red courtesy phone. Ryan Howard? I'm calling about the playoffs, sir. Well, yes, they've started actually. A while ago, in fact. Yes, I understand you want to do well, but the thing is....they're over. I can't believe no one told you to start swinging. Yeah, bummer. Okay, bye then.

I have to say, Clouds, that I was impressed by the Phillie fans. They were so into it! It was neat.

I like The Freak, and I like San Francisco, but I lived in Texas for six years and I like the Rangers, too. I just hope it's a wonderful World Series. :-)

Fireblossom said...

PS--what a neat video. :-)

Daliana Pacuraru said...

Hello and Aloha from Austria...I am here in a short trip!
Only when I see your blog header...ha ha ..and my thoughts run away to my holidays in summer!
Here is mist and cold!
Have a great week!
See you soon!

who said...

I thought we weren't keeping score?

Teresa said...

I love this post, Cloudia. I was going to send you a condolence e-card, but I guess I don't need to do that. You are taking this so well.

Anonymous said...

and in the end it is "just" a game.

please have a good start into the new week.

daily athens

Anonymous said...

I am so glad I found your blog via Heart's. I have always wanted a Hawaiian blog connection since the islands are my 2nd favorite part of the known universe -- especially Kauai, which I have traversed nearly a dozen times, but am also familiar with the other islands, too. Very much like the look and style of yours.

Carol said...

God, I LOVE that song, a blast from the past that lives on . . . LIKE US!

Feisty Crone said...

So sorry for your loss, dear Cloudia (:

Feisty Crone said...

So sorry for your loss, dear Cloudia (:

Cloudia said...

You guys ROCK!! :)

黄清华 Wong Ching Wah said...

Wonderful series.. and happy week to you !

Windsmoke. said...

G' Day From Australia, Sad to hear your team lost, better luck next time.

G-Man said...

This is the Sportiest I've ever seen you Cloudia...hehehe

magiceye said...

heres wishing you have a great week ahead!!

namaste /\ from mumbai
aloha!!

love your hindi comments!!
appreciate it!

Kay said...

Have a great week, Cloudia. I've lived in Chicago for 35 years. The motto for the Cubbies was always... There's always next year.

Cloudia said...

Your sweet wishes are Appreciated,
or as we say in Hindi: सराहना

the walking man said...

Didn't W own the rangers for a time? That alone makes their ju ju evil.

Dave King said...

I'm with Aeschylus - if he'll have me!

Bubblewench said...

Aloha ! So sad Phillies didn't make it.. Fun posts the past week! Love your photos always.

Akelamalu said...

Great photos and words as always from you Cloudia. :)

Myrna R. said...

Sorry your team lost. Glad it didn't stop you from giving us a wonderful and unique post. As always - love the pictures.

Cloudia said...

Yeah!


Thanks so much :)

Travis Erwin said...

I'm not a baseball guy, but Nolan Ryan is a man I can look up to so I will be pulling for his Rangers. At least George W doesn't own the team anymore.