Monday, November 15, 2010

1920's Waikiki

A L O H A
means
 you are warmly welcome here :)


Here is some Hawaiian Music from the 1920's


North King St; the Heart of Chinatown
The First Hawaiian Bank building seems to be sending
"cutting Chi" right as us.  Bad Feng Shui?



"One step at a time
 is good walking"

  CHINESE PROVERB






Pleasant Path to a Bower of Beauty


“Democracy is the art
 of thinking independently together”

 Alexander Meiklejohn





See how the rainbow twists into a spiral?


"To reveal art and conceal the artist
 is art's aim." 

Oscar Wilde



<°)}}><


><}}(°>       

                          <°)}}><


What a weekend!
Mom called from the hospital:
emergency appendectomy.

Fortunately, I spent some time
'flying' on my scooter.

Moving through the beauty of
Hawaii mesmerizes
all worry.

Polynesian paralysis
makes effort
seem puny and wasted.

I just wanna ride
on my "motor-sickle."

Mom's OK.
The business of life
goes on.

Lyric skies
spread their siren song;
the concerns of life
seem like comic diversions
as the waves surge
and pound.

There is
this one
perfect moment.

And here we share it.



Can't believe I haven't posted
or visited
in two days!



          Forgive me? cloudia

34 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope your mum is OK.

Love your lyrical skies!

Akelamalu said...

Sorry to hear about your Mom's emergency but glad to hear she's OK. x

Hattie said...

All is forgiven. I loved the Hawaiian tune. I love Hawaii!

Myrna R. said...

I missed you. Hope your Mom's okay.

Take care.

Anonymous said...

I hope your mom is feeling better.

I love the old music. I guess that's because I'm old :-)

~Ron

Couture Carrie said...

Fabulous pics and quotes, darling!

xoxox,
CC

Daryl said...

Nothing to forgive .. glad your mother is on the mend .. aloha!

gigi-hawaii said...

Hope your mom is okay. Thank God, she has a loving daughter to care for her.

Teresa said...

Glad your mom is OK. Thanks for the gorgeous pictures.

HulaBuns said...

I hope your Mom is ok! I think my favorite saying in this post is the Chinese proverb, but all of it is so great and inspiring as usual. :)

KrippledWarrior said...

Prayers for good health and a speedy recovery are in progress. Splitting the breeze in "WACKY WACKY" has always been a fond memory for me...
Kindred Spirits we are.

LifeRamblings said...

wish your mom a speedy recovery. Aloha friend!

wenn said...

love that rainbow..wish yr mum speedy recovery.

Rosaria Williams said...

May you spend many more days and decades enjoying your cycle.

roughterrain crane said...

I'm glad to know everything is okey.

SandyCarlson said...

Life captures you and spirits you away, but you return and we are better for it in every way. God bless you and your mom.

magiceye said...

get well soon wishes to yur mom

namaste /\ from mumbai
aloha!!

Anonymous said...

Whew! An appy at an older age doesn't happen too often. Plunk her on the back of that motor-sickle, grab a shave ice, and see if she'll rest a while. DrumMajor

Feisty Crone said...

hugs to your mom! Amazing rainbow, aloha!

Windsmoke. said...

Amazing rainbow photo, best wishes to your mum for a quick recovery. All is forgiven for not posting for two days.

Dr. Russell Norman Murray said...

I really like the city photo.

We are back to the rain and wind here...

Commander Zaius said...

Family comes first.

Joop Zand said...

All the best wishes for you family.

Greetings from Holland, Joop

Mediacre Minds said...

Prayers for your mom .Loved your blog.

Dinesh chandra said...

HI HOW R U DINESH HERE SORRY I VISITED AFTER TWO MONTH I LIKE YOUR BLOG BUT MY NEW JOB VERY DIFFICULT TO FIND TIME WHAT ABOUT WEAVER.

LOVE YOU BOTH BLOG .

BYE BYE VERY NATURAL BLOG TO WATCH SO BEAUTIFUL.

REGARDS
DINESH CHANDRA

Bitch said...

When your mum is ok...
Then everything is going fine
again!!
Greetings from Athens.

Charles Gramlich said...

What a lovely hedge of purple, and a great poem to accompany it.

Cloudia said...

Thank YOU :)

Junosmom said...

I am cold here! but happy thinking of you in a warm place riding your bike.

Pietro Brosio said...

I really hope your mom is feeling well now.
Very beautiful images!

Bubblewench said...

Glad mom is ok! Ride woman ride... enjoy all those perfect moments friend!

Aloha!

Cloudia said...

GREAT seeing YOU!


Thanks *blush*

Phivos Nicolaides said...

Aloha my friend!

Aloha Tony said...

I'm glad everything worked out okay for your mum in the end there and I hope you have many more memories together.

Thanks for the song. I wish I could travel back to when that was being played.