Thursday, January 20, 2011

Throttle Therapy

Thanks for Coming-
                                 ALOHA


Panoramic view off Diamond Head. Tiny surfers show scale.




"I'm just riding the wave
 until it hits the shore."

Joe Schmidt 






 

My Therapist



"Sadness does not inhere in things;
 it does not reach us from the world
 and through mere contemplation of the world.
 It is a product of our own thought.
 We create it out of whole cloth."

Emile Durkheim




Friends along the way. He's caught a lizard!


"Let us permit nature to have her way.
  She understands her business
 better than we do."

Michel de Montaigne



Watching the surf from Diamond Head Road





“I wasn't born a fool.

 It took work to get this way.”


 Danny Kaye 


<<>>


I don't need a therapist
because I have a motor scooter.

Throttle thrills,
& motor-driven magic
soon dispel the cobwebs
of the day.

Absorbed by movement
on my motorized walk
I glide
I swoop
wheeling like a hawk.

Passing (aye!) through color
sights
& smells.

The closest thing to flying,
this effortless progress of the eye;
A twist of the wrist
and I'm 
     g o n e. . .  

Home to download the pictures
still running
in my mind.

VroooooM!

Thanks for visiting today.
 What is currently keeping YOU Sane?
Please share in comments :)         cloudia

32 comments:

the walking man said...

As long as you do not lose your will to travel you will always have a therapist.

Dave King said...

The Diamond Head image is amazing.

Myrna R. said...

Right now there are birds chirping on the branches of a tree, still dormant, outside my house. My therapy, like yours, is free.

Charles Gramlich said...

I remember when I used to engage in some throttle therapy. I miss those days.

Anonymous said...

Blogging keeps me sane. Happy day to you, Cloudia!

Freda said...

Love your therapist; it wouldn't work in Scotland though - certainly not at this time of year. The surfers are indeed tiny, I had to enlarge your picture to see them - I thought they were birds at first. Beautiful vista.

The Weaver of Grass said...

All that beautiful sea how lucky you are.

Betty Manousos said...

The first photo caught my eye!
Thanks for my daily dose of inspiration.


ALOHAAAA!!

B XX

Hilary said...

Sounds like freedom to me. I love these pics. That lizard catch is amazing.

Anonymous said...

Looks as if you are able to carry the sky and its bright light with you. Must feel great being able to call a therapy ones own. Made me think much. Please have a good Friday.

daily athens

Junosmom said...

Sorry I've been away. December is my season of discontent every year. I miss reading your blog and will catch up. I need a motor scooter.

Cloudia said...

Thanks for these cool remarks!

KrippledWarrior said...

An old motorcyclist saying "You'll never find a motorbike parked at a Psychiatrists Office. And the latest Harley video Ad talks about rthe $10 billion stress relief business, vs "Throttle Therapy." Way cool.

Raph G. Neckmann said...

Vrooom! Love it! I felt as if I was riding along too.

SandyCarlson said...

What keeps me sane? The goodness of the bloggers I know! The rhythm of the day, my daughter's smile.

This is a beautiful post.

Covnitkepr1 said...

I have added myself to follow your blog. You are more than welcome to visit my blog and become a follower also.

Cloudia said...

Jolly!

Full-On-Forward said...

One of your absolute best to date!!!!!

Aloha friend,

Hugs from SC,

John

I thought the surfers looked like seals--no wonder the Great Whites are confused!

Windsmoke. said...

Listening music has always kept me sane in this crazy world. Fantastic photo of Diamond Head :-).

magiceye said...

visiting you blog daily keeps me sane!

namaste /\ from mumbai
aloha!!

magiceye said...

visiting you blog daily keeps me sane!

namaste /\ from mumbai
aloha!!

Anonymous said...

What wonderful shots.. So much beauty is the best therapy!

Teresa said...

Throttle therapy!! It has a snappy ring to it. What do I do to stay sane? Read Comfort Spiral blog!

claude said...

Love the quotes and your photos.
ALOHA, Cloudia !

Steffi said...

You live on such beautiful place.Just beautiful.This would be my theraphy.I like your theraphy - you can feel you so free!

Reader Wil said...

Thanks for sharing your trip, Cloudia! Aloha! Fijne dag!

Brian Miller said...

ooo i like your kinda therapy...smiles. aloha from va!

DeniseinVA said...

My sister rode a motor-scooter. I might even be persuaded to ride one around Hawaii :) Wonderful post Cloudia.

Out on the prairie said...

I have thought of getting a scooter for short jaunts. I have a motorcycle for big rides, but would enjoy saving gas.

Reanaclaire said...

Happy Greetings to you, Cloudia.. have a nice weekend!

Unknown said...

Hawaii would keep me sane - life's a beach!!!

Lovin and living keeps me sane

Cloudia said...

Vroom Vroom! LOL :)


Thanks