Tuesday, February 22, 2011

A Little Light Light

ALOHA
Means 'Love' & 'Welcome'




“When you arise in the morning,

 give thanks for the morning light,

 for your life and strength.

 Give thanks for your food,

 and the joy of living.

 If you see no reason for giving thanks, 

the fault lies with yourself.”


 Tecumseh,
 Shawnee Chief 





"The young one knows the rules,
but the older on knows
 the exceptions."

Oliver Wendell Holmes






"To the world you may be just one person, 

but to one person

 you may be the world.”

 Brandi Snyder 



<>



We never know
most of the bullets
that miss us.

They go far over our heads.
Like the time we left home
a few minutes "late"
and so missed our appointment
with an
accident-
or even with death.


Because you & I are still
here
we have probably had
some close scrapes.

Perhaps you are remembering
one such now.

Do you feel 'joy in being alive?'



You're welcome :-)  !

             care to leave me a shout? Please DO cloudia


21 comments:

Rosaria Williams said...

Yes! Lots of Joy!
Aloha.

Akelamalu said...

One never knows the minute it's true. I definitely feel joyous to be alive. :)

Bonnie Zieman, M.Ed. said...

Your blog always invites us to find joy. A real service!!

Hilary said...

Always a joy to be here. I love that first shot.

Laura said...

you are so right Cloudia, and yes I am filled with Joy and deep Gratitude for every moment...even the difficult ones...all teach and have led me to right now.

Raph G. Neckmann said...

Joy, gratitude and giraffitude! May they all be yours, dear Cloudia!

Sailor said...

Beautiful as always!

Anonymous said...

your 'tripple L' did light up me night / life.
merci !



daily athens

Cloudia said...

Sweet!

Feisty Crone said...

I've learned to find joy in every day, dear Cloudia. Excellent post!

Lori Skoog said...

Your blog is that of a thinker.

Commander Zaius said...

"The young one knows the rules,but the older on knows the exceptions."
Oliver Wendell Holmes


I say knowing the exceptions makes life more fun but I would not refuse a chance to relearn them again.

magiceye said...

hey joy to the world!!

namaste /\ from mumbai
aloha!!

Cloudia said...

Glad you came to my party!

Kay said...

Oh yes! I've had a few close calls and I am grateful and appreciate every new day.

Bitch said...

As every post full of thoughts.

the walking man said...

I may not know every one that missed but I sure am grateful for the ones that didn't and I survived anyway. The dawn always comes. Mahalo Sista'

Charles Gramlich said...

Every morning I give thanks for the beautiful day. And everyday IS beautiful. At least I find them to be.

foongpc said...

Yes, giving thanks is important. We must be grateful for everything we have. Have a good day! : )

Full-On-Forward said...

EVERY breath i TAKE- I HANK GOD!

The foolish things I did--not to mention the one's God spared me from are too numerous to count!!

John

Cloudia said...

Yeah!!!!

Thank YOU :-)