Friday, March 4, 2011

Honolulu Weather

Aloha Wanderer!

You are Welcome Here :-)


                                          Click on the pic!
"If you want to build a ship,
don't drum up people to collect wood
and don't assign them tasks. . .
but rather teach them
to long for the endless
immensity of the
sea."

Antoine de Saint-Exupery








"Forgiveness means
giving up all hope
for a better
past."

Lily Tomlin







"May the spirit of our ancestors
(Na ka `uhane a na kupuna)

keep us together,
(e ho`okupa ia kakou)

steadfast & unified always,
each with the other.
Watch over our children,
guide our sons & daughters,
hold close our elderly.
May the winds of Aloha,
truth & righteousness
be ever present in our hearts,
and minds,
and extend over the seas
to touch other shores.
Until we meet again
we remain loyal to our homeland
bound together by Aloha."

Edith Kanaka`ole


><}}(°>

             
                 ><}}(°>




It was a dark and stormy night-
wait, isn't night ALWAYS dark?

The wind was high
playing a symphony of squeak
and clatter
with the rigging
and anything not tied down.

Rain blew sideways,
as the front swept in from
Kauai and the west.

Churning, groaning, dancing,
the boat was an unquiet mare.

I lay awake inside her dark hold,
then checked all the places
where rain comes in-
but all was snug,
and sealed.

This morning,
trees were down,
a lane of the Pali Highway
was closed;
& the lights were out
at Castle Hospital.

A few schools were even closed!
(Hawaiian Snow Day?)

A visiting celebrity on the Morning TV Show,
here to promote something or other,
spoke of the tortured palm trees
dancing outside his hotel window.

Must be nice to have a window,
and watch the weather
through it-

- on this boat
we are not only part of the scenery,
but one with the 
wind, waves,
and weather.

As our Trade-winds fill back in
from the North East
all the slapping, clapping
waves
have decided to behave again.

The palms are grazing quietly.

And the boat is still as I write this.

It is my head that is swimming
with yesterday, today,
& tomorrow
(Better listen to Lily)

But it is Friday,
and there are blogs to visit,
groceries to buy.

Just another day in paradise,

Hooray!

Thanks for stopping by today.
Care to leave a comment? Please DO!
If you haven't scrolled down
all the way
to the image of my
little Hawaii novel's cover
and clicked on it
           please check it out. . . Your Friend, cloudia 

35 comments:

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

lovely message for the weekend.
Happy Friday!
:)

Couture Carrie said...

Fabulous post, darling!
Love the Lily Tomlin quote!

xoxox,
CC

nonizamboni said...

Thanks for Lily Tomlin's quote; oh the irony: I've been working on this exact thing this week.
Glad things have calmed down and that the palms are grazing :O)
Happy weekend, friend!

Kay said...

I'm posting my storm damage tomorrow. I'm glad you're safe. It was really scary over here on the Leeward side.

Bonnie Zieman, M.Ed. said...

Wow - a whole other way of living Cloudia. Thanks for sharing it here!

Keri said...

Aloha, Cloudia. So glad you stopped in to see me and wish me a happy birthday. Thank you so much. I haven't been here in too long and glad I chose today to visit. I always love your photos and your inspirational writings. Awesome to see you my friend. Take care, Keri
alwayscurtsywhenyousneeze.com

nanny said...

I long to be in Hawaii........

Hilary said...

Great post, Cloudia. I love that Lilly Tomlin post. It puts things in perspective.

Cloudia said...

Great to see YOU 2-day!

Anonymous said...

No storm damage here in Foster Village, though the storm was awesome last night. Glad you and your boat survived!

Hattie said...

You have the best quotes with true wisdom in them.
I heard about that storm on HPR yesterday, but it just had warnings for Kauai. So I guess you were taken by surprise. You live with the water and the wind and the rain, as we do. But we do have windows.
Funny, but this winter we have been protected from storms in Hilo. They stay behind the mountains, mostly.
Oh, Jung said that you can't change the past, but you can change your biography!

JTG (Misalyn) said...

Aloha Cloudia! Am glad that you're safe.

Your photos are always stunning! It takes my breath away. Wish I could visit Hawaii soon.

Salaam!

Cloudia said...

*Blush*

KrippledWarrior said...

Where do you make berth? Not the actual mooring number. Just which Harbor are you located? Are you docked pier-side? Or at Anchorage? And I so miss and love the naughtical terminology. Thanks from one old salt to another. Batten down the hatches, and wishing you fair winds and following seas.

Anonymous said...

feels as if the weather is able to 'feel' life here down upon earth a bit.

please have a good weekend.


daily athens

Leovi said...

Excellent photos and a great visual record I loved this trip in Hawaii. Greetings

Oakland Daily Photo said...

Gorgeous photos and thought provoking quotes. Mahalo.

Unknown said...

Happy Friday, Cloudy-O !!

Leilani Tresise said...

Love love love ur blog!!

Kavita said...

You put up the most beautiful messages here, Cloudia.. thank you so much for the lovely words here...
xoxoox

Cloudia said...

Berthed here in lovely Waikiki-


Ahoy Mates!

SandyCarlson said...

I love--need--your blog. Thanks for this wonderful post. Storm? You made me feel so snug and sure. And I wasn't even there!

Thank you.

Love the Antoine de Saint-Exupery quote.

Donna said...

It's fun to read your posts, but I come for the pictures...just breathtaking views and sunsets...wow!!

magiceye said...

a warm namaste /\ from mumbai
aloha!!

Margaret Gosden said...

Looks like a chilly swim, but probably isn't. Wonderful quotes! I wish Honolulu wasn't so far away!

Feisty Crone said...

Have a great weekend!

Tim Keen said...

Thanks for the wonderful message and the inspiring photos.

http://timkeen40.wordpress.com

Pietro Brosio said...

Beautiful post, Cloudia, with nice images and great quotes!
Happy Saturday :-)

Greetings from Niecy said...

Aloha!
I absolutely heart your blog!!!
My ancestry is a unique mixture of Japanese/Hawaii and African American Creole. Yes I'm a walking pot of gumbo!!!
So I really feel at home on your blog. I was going to do a Native Hawaiian inspired blog. However Our Lord lead me on a different path. I have alot of Hawaiian Art images and slideshows. You are welcome to use them. I can send you the Photo bucket code.
My goodness I'm rambling.
I'm now following your awesome blog!
Mahalo for the sweet post. Loved the pics and message.
Aloha and Sweet Blessings,
Niecy

Charles Gramlich said...

A lot of wind and rain here too. I spent some time this evening watching the trees sway and swirl way up over head.

LifeRamblings said...

lovely photos and great thoughts for the weekend. Aloha friend!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love that last picture. Two generations sitting together in contentment.

Akelamalu said...

Happy Saturday to you Cloudia. x

axxxelsz said...

nice post Cloudia! You have very nice works here

Aloha, from Romania :)

Full-On-Forward said...

AWESOME!!! Sorry it took me till today!

J