Friday, April 15, 2011

Spring Weekend

Aloha & 
               Welcome To Honolulu


"Ah"


"If you've never been thrilled
 to the very edges of your soul
 by a flower in spring bloom,
 maybe your soul has never been in bloom."

~Terri Guillemets








She WAS in a champagne glass once...
                                                             Venerable 'Club Hubba Hubba'





"I've always felt that a person's intelligence
is directly reflected
 by the number of conflicting points of view
he can entertain simultaneously
 on the same topic. "
 
Abigail Adams














"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift 
and the rational mind is a faithful servant.
 We have created a society 
that honors the servant
and has forgotten the gift."

 Albert Einstein






Urban Camper

"Praise and blame, 
gain and loss,
pleasure and sorrow
come and go like the wind.
  To be happy,
rest like a giant tree,
in the midst of them all."

The Buddha




\&&&/ 



Scooter Singing

As soon as I roll on the throttle
and lean into that first turn
I am sixteen
riding my first motorcycle
again.

Nothing renders me
so reliably
happy.
 
Folks who know nothing
about motorcycles
always ask
"How many CC's?"
But if they rode
they would know:
It's not the size of the engine
but the gearing;
It's not the age of the rider,
but the feeling.

What magic thing
makes
YOU
feel happy
& free?
          warmly, cloudia

29 comments:

Marguerite said...

Love that Einstein quote! Music and dancing are the magic things in my life! Have a splendid weekend, cher!

Akelamalu said...

Spring makes me happy!

Dr. Russell Norman Murray said...

"Ah"

Yes, very nice.

Happy weekend.

It is actually sunny here today too.;)

DeniseinVA said...

The quotes are great. I've never ridden a motor-cycle before. I don't think my ride in the side car when I was seven counts :) Always sounds so much fun but I have the heart of a chicken these days.

Betty Manousos said...

ah I love this!
ALOHA!!
betty xx

Bitch said...

This post makes my happy!!

Greek Greetings...

Windsmoke. said...

The Terri Guillemets and Albert Einstein quotes are pretty close to the truth :-).

Elephant's Child said...

I tend to forget that Einstein's genius was not limited to Science. Thank you for reminding me. Here in Oz it is grey and blustery. Spring a looong way away, so thanks for the pics.

Laura said...

so many great quotes...the Einstein one really resonates for me the most today.

Donna said...

The thing that makes me happy is my grandchildren and work...both are so satisfying!!
You must be a huge reder to have such marvelous quotes!! Have a marvelous weekend, Cloudia!!

黄清华 Wong Ching Wah said...

Thanks for another day of beautiful quotes.
Have a wonderful Easter weekend, Cloudia !

wenn said...

love the skies!

Cloudia said...

Thanks!

magiceye said...

namaste /\ from mumbai
aloha!!

Brian Miller said...

smiles..glad you feel so free on that scooter...i like being alone in the woods...aloha from va

Anonymous said...

I have ridden a motorcycle twice as a passenger. Pretty scary! The wind cut into my eyes, causing them to tear, and it was freezing. No helmet, either.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful quotations! That Einstein one is so thought-provoking as is Buddha's quote.

claude said...

Nice post, Cloudia !
Aloha !

Kay said...

Have a great weekend end, Cloudia. I hope it's not raining on your side of the island.

OldLady Of The Hills said...

LOVE the Einstein quote---The Best!
Aloha to you too....
I spent 14 weeks on The Big Island many many MANY years ago--I LOVED IT! And Spring in Hawaii is gorgeous!
Thanks for coming by my blog!

Dinesh chandra said...

nice

Commander Zaius said...

Sorry I'm late. Did an afternoon beer tasting at my house.

"I've always felt that a person's intelligence
is directly reflected
by the number of conflicting points of view
he can entertain simultaneously
on the same topic. "

Abigail Adams


Mrs. Adams would either find Washington an extremely interesting place or run from it screaming her lungs off.

the walking man said...

I am well geared--one speed, slow---one direction---ahead.

JTG (Misalyn) said...

Great photos and quotes, as always.

Sharing my passion in photography make me happy, though most of them are trial and error. Caring for the sick makes me happy too...the way my patients touched my life in some simple unexpected ways.

I am envious...I never tried the motorcycle, even the bicycle :(( I remember when I was young, my 5 brothers did not allow me to use our bicycle for some reason.

Have a nice weekend Cloudia!
Salaam and Aloha!

Dianne said...

I really like that first quote

Feisty Crone said...

warm weather and sunshine makes me happy! I hope you are having a great weekend.

Charles Gramlich said...

I like the Einstein quote the best I think.

Hilary said...

Always the "magic" of computers and cameras. Those are my "cc"s. ;) I love the urban camper image.

Cloudia said...

Wonderful!