Sunday, May 8, 2011

Opposite Day!

ALOHA means 'Goodbye'

As Well as 'Hello'

"Solitary trees,
if they grow at all, 
grow strong."

Winston Churchill






"I can see you are flawed.
You have not hidden it.
 That is your greatest gift to me."

Alice Walker




"Self development
is a higher duty
than self sacrifice."

Elizabeth Cady Stanton




"They say,

we're too old to play hide and seek...

but, if I were given a chance, 

I'd give anything just to hear someone say, 

'I found you!' "

 iiAngelie


><}}(°>

            
                 ><}}(°>
 
 
 
Our brains are marvelous.
Just like athletes know of the body,
the brain get's used to doing things a certain way
and conserves energy by doing it just that way.

Therefore, we can stimulate our brain
by doing things differently;
Brush your teeth with the "wrong" hand
and your brain will wake up and forge
new connections.

I work on a laptop
and my right elbo is complaining
about the repetitive use I must make
of the touch-pad & scroll buttons (up! & down!).

Well I've gone and gotten myself
a wireless mouse!

Now I'm clicking with the left hand,
plus I have a cool 'scrolling wheel.'

Living completely within our comfort zone
only comforts our way to decline.

Do simple things in a different way.

Stand on one foot.

Drive someplace a different way.

You can thank me later!

                     What do you say?  warmly, cloudia
 

26 comments:

Betty Manousos said...

i happen to know that as i 've been to Hawaii, and i loved it!

Betty Manousos said...

i couldn't agree more. if you want to get ahead you need to get out from your comfort zone; you need to realise that if you want an easy life you'll not fulfill your full potential and most likely stay stuck repeating the same things over and over again.

Great post!

B xx

Cloudia said...

I love comfort, but also derive it from challenging myself (within reason - these days! :-)

Cloudia said...

Thanks Betty

Teresa said...

Thanks for the truly wonderful suggestion, Cloudi!!

It is so wonderful to recognize places in some of your photos. My visit to Hawaii taught me much.

Reader Wil said...

Good post about the brain! Mine works slowly and that is sometimes annoying!
Thanks for your Aloha! I say Groeten van Wil!;)

Fireblossom said...

I love my wireless mouse! And yeah, I switch hands with it sometimes!

Windsmoke. said...

Being stuck in your comfort zone will get you know where in life and becomes very boring to the extent you don't want to live anymore this is not for me :-).

Cloudia said...

cool conversation!

Maude Lynn said...

I'll give it a try!

Monkey Man said...

I have that same right elbow thing going right now. Very annoying.

Elephant's Child said...

I am a comfort loving soul, but a little shake-up is fun (albeit sometimes scary too). Wonderful photos and quotes as always.

SandyCarlson said...

A rest is as good as a change, and a change is as good as a rest! Cool. Little things go a long way.

Commander Zaius said...

"They say,

we're too old to play hide and seek...


In a few ways it not a question of being too old to play hide and seek, it's my mindset that if I did I would not want to be found.

இ Baŋäŋaz இ said...

Just the same my either one of the my hand would complain so have to rotate this week right hand on the mouse next week left hand..haha. Bananaz would stand on one leg while ironing clothes. Oh Aloha means goodbye & hello. tQ

Kay said...

I do try to get out of my comfort zone, but it's hard. You're right though. I'll try to do better.

Regina said...

Wow thank you Cloudia. I think I should try it.
Great post!

Wishing you a lovely week.
xo

bichonpawz said...

I always get such great inspiration over here!!! Happy Monday Cloudia!!

Couture Carrie said...

Gorgeous post, darling!
Love all the quotes!

xoxox,
CC

Kavita Saharia said...

Stealing a quote from you :)Coming out from comfort zone - have been trying .
Aloha ,Cloudia !

Daryl said...

I love that lady's blue tongue!

Myrna R. said...

Great advice. I'll thank you now.

Lynn said...

Hawaiian words are so lovely. Mahalo - lovely post, Cloudia, and very inspiring today.

momof2 said...

I love those quotes and your putting them together!

Thanks for commenting on my site too - anytime you are ready I would love to help you get started with our home business.

Enjoy a sunny day with clear air and cooling breezes.

Danielle

Anonymous said...

Two mice in the hands is worth one on a string? Okay -- my son's experience with mice off leashes, was that some kinds of wireless mice use up batteries quickly, so be ready with new ones or rechargable ones. Mine is still in it's comfort zone with a tail. It's supposed to be 90 in Kansas today -- I could get sunburned! DrumMajor

Cloudia said...

Thanks!