Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Pieces of Truth

a !



Sky & Eye. . . Until I Die!



" Yeah we all shine on,
like the moon, and the stars, 
and the sun. "

John Lennon



What beast is this?



The First approach'd the Elephant,
And happening to fall
Against his broad and sturdy side,
At once began to bawl:
"God bless me! but the Elephant
Is very like a wall!"

John Godfrey Saxe











 Rather Work-a-day After All



 “A half-truth is a whole lie.”

 Yiddish Proverb


> < } } ( ° >



"Brethren,
the raja was delighted with the scene. 

"Just so are these preachers and scholars
holding various views blind and unseeing.... 

In their ignorance they are by nature quarrelsome, wrangling, and disputatious,
each maintaining reality is thus and thus." 


And so the Jain doctrine of

Anekanta,
the many-sidedness of things.

Maybe I don't have the whole picture.

Together, we fill in the dark places.

Come party in 'comments' cloudia

25 comments:

eziozerziani (Ermanno Albano) said...

Ciao Cloudia..simply..GREAT!
Ermanno

Kavita Saharia said...

Aloha ,we all shine on :):)

Couture Carrie said...

Ooooooo love that Yiddish proverb!

xoxox,
CC

Charles Gramlich said...

that quarrelsome thing hits too close to home. I gotta learn to calm down.

RONW said...

I don't know if the photo is of a street in Waikiki, but riding a motorbike, I'm glad that most of the side streets in Waikiki town have been newly repaved. I believe you ride a moped.

Commander Zaius said...

Love the elephant poem of John Godfrey Saxe's.

Pietro Brosio said...

Wonderful sky in the first picture, Cloudia, and I like that Yiddish Proverb!
Happy Wednesday :-)

nonizamboni said...

Your skies knock me out
and
your musical sensibility shines on.
:O)

Jenn Jilks said...

As always, lovely post.

Thanks for visiting. I have bad news about Batman, though !

Unknown said...

WOW! What a gorgeous sky on top!

Hattie said...

Right. Leaving out the everyday stuff or seeing only one side of things impoverishes one's world view.

Windsmoke. said...

Like the elephant poem by John Godfrey Saxe and the Yiddish Proverb. John Lennon was right we should all shine on :-).

Cloudia said...

thank YOU :)

magiceye said...

warm greetings from this side!

namaste /\ from mumbai
aloha!!

Elephant's Child said...

Wonderful sky. And the Yiddish proverb speaks loudly to me too. Thanks.

Cloudia said...

SO nice to see YOU!

Lori Skoog said...

Those first two photos knocked my socks off! Such color and texture. You really know how to put things together...

nazelet said...

Ahhh. That Yiddish proverb would have been perfect for my 17 June post on Truth.

Cloudia said...

SO glad you both could make it!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
bichonpawz said...

WOW! I love that first shot! It is stunning!!!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful shots and words! Wishing you a great weekend.

the walking man said...

I will let them believe in what they will as long as they will let me believe in what they won't.

Magia da Inês said...

˚ ✿˛。˚ ˚ ˛
✿ Olá, amiga!

Passei para uma visitinha.
Amei a foto de céu...simplesmente maravilhosa!!!
Tenha um lindo dia!

˚ ✿˛ •
✿•˚。
° 。✿ °° 。
●/✿
/▌
/ \✿Beijinhos.
Brasil 。 ✿

Unknown said...

I love the Lennon quote! Your blog is great!

xo,
amanda