Saturday, August 27, 2011

2012 and the Next Big Thing




" Often I think of the beautiful town, 
That is seated by the sea. "

Longfellow








" In all things in nature
there is something of the marvelous. "

Aristotle





" The best place to seek God is in a garden.
You can dig for him there. "

George Bernard Shaw





What do you want for this child? For yours?
Shall she enter the banquet?



" In recent years, 
seemingly technical  economic questions
have crowded out questions of justice 
and the common good. 

 I think there is growing sense to many societies
that GDP and market values
do not by themselves
produce happiness or a good society."

Michael J. Sandel
Harvard political philosopher


 > < } } ( ° >
    

           
                                                                                                         ><}}(°>


We are accustomed to thinking
of the 'next big thing'
as a medical or techno breakthrough. 

 I have an inkling what the NBT will be like,
and I want to share it with you:


The Next Big Thing 
(Breakthrough) 
will not be scientific
or tech.



Rather It will be of the heart.

 it will be sociological,
psychological,
spiritual,
'common sense'

The next big breakthrough
will fix the problems
of all the other passed
Next Big Things.


The next big breakthrough
will be citizens waking up
to all that they share,
and all they have invested
in each other.

All over the world.


"Leaders'
will go the way of the dinosaurs.
It won't take a revolution
or guns.

The NBT will be you and me
trusting one another;

The NBT
will commence
the healing of the world.

Some will call it
"The Kingdom."

Some will merely say:

"It's about TIME!"

What say YOU? Tell us in comments!
                                                          warmly, cloudia

29 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

Fortunately or unfortunately, the human heart doesn't much change over time. I wish some things about it would change.

Commander Zaius said...

The next big breakthrough
will be citizens waking up
to all that they share,
and all they have invested
in each other.


Futurists have talked for decades about the coming of transnational leaders. I believe the prototype versions have already appeared in some third-world areas but I believe the affluent West has lagged behind because we have been so comfortable and rich.

I know our economic situation is changing for the worse with corporations overwhelming national governments and I believe we may see our own versions of Mandela or Lech Walesa hopefully sooner than later.

Dina said...

Ahh Cloudia, I think I need a vacation in Hawaii to think up a good answer for you here. Meanwhile, our next best thing is just stayin' alive.

Erika said...

Hi Cloudia, your country is very nice but unluckily too far from mine..... Have a nice w.e. Ciao from Italy
:o)

carmilevy said...

I believe the world is filled with beautiful people doing beautiful things. Unfortunately, they don't tend to get the headlines.

That needs to change.

Rosaria Williams said...

Ah, lots to ponder here, and to enjoy too.
The next big thing? Learning to live well by helping each other. I just experienced this revolution in my own life, and it is a revolution of the heart, indeed.

Rosaria Williams said...

p.s. I referred to my experience, the Memorial Garden that friends of my son built. Truly, a miracle of the heart.

Reanaclaire said...

hello..greetings on a Saturday night.. Happy weekend!

Reader Wil said...

At this moment I have the feeling that humanity is not ready to face the NBT for I see nothing but destruction and war in Africa( Egypt, Syria, Libya). However I do you with all my heart that you are right.

Friko said...

Dearest Cloudia, I am so very much afraid that TNB will be much of same as before.

Humanity is true to itself.

Perhaps we could have not an Arab Spring but a World Spring?

Teresa said...

Keep dreaming and writing your true dreams.

Daryl said...

If my mom was alive she'd say to you 'from your lips to God's ear'

Jeannie said...

I do hope the greed craze passes soon - and that peace, home, family and friends - relationships - become fashionable again. I hope we begin to impress each other with love instead of things.

irinapictures said...

Cloudia, would you like to be our next president? Commonsense and open heart are in so huge demand in Russian politics..

Snowbrush said...

"What say YOU?"

I say may it be so.

christopher said...

Your heart is in the right place.

I'm not ready to take bets on the world at large yet though.

But, like one step at a time, maybe change can occur one person at a time.

Windsmoke. said...

The Next Best Thing you are suggesting is possible but will take many, many centuries of cultural and evolutionary changes to achieve :-).

Elephant's Child said...

I really, really hope you are right. All digits crossed.

Full-On-Forward said...

I say - Yea!! as in AYE, as in Right ON!

I have already seen Your incredible Spiritual side and COUNT ME IN!!!!!

Sounds like Heaven on Earth, and I love your thought process.

HFTEC,

John

Anonymous said...

may it be so.

waldo, Road Island

21 Wits said...

I would love to see in real life that place seated by the sea!...and I hope the little girl doesn't fall down! ha ha

PerthDailyPhoto said...

I like the sound of your NBT Cloudia, let's hope and also I totally agree with the George Bernard Shaw quote, the garden is the best place for many things!

Anonymous said...

Great post. The next big thing will be a massive outbreak of kindness and compassion!

Heidi said...

Aloha,
Hope you are enjoying your weekend...Greetings from Indiana...Heidi

Cloudia said...

Dina's point is well taken:
Israelis want to live.

Radical!

Thanks each of you for these meaningful comments that gladden and inform me.

SandyCarlson said...

Yes. Yes.

Pietro Brosio said...

Cloudia, you live in a very beautiful country indeed!

Freda said...

The Next Big Thing will be that people will listen to each other, look out for each other and accept that we all need each other. Sorry..... is that 3 things?

bobbybegood1 said...

I say that in the 21 Century women will have great things to do, say and be part of that will set the stage/tone for the future. Cheers Cloudia!!