Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Hiding At Home

A l o h a !
click on photos to muse dreamily
The Sky is so Vast!

" Great events
make me quiet and calm;
it is only trifles
that irritate my nerves. "

Queen Victoria











My heart is so tiny- 
but the Love it contains
reaches to the skies.


" The way is not in the sky.
The way is in the heart. "

Buddha










" We shall draw from the heart of suffering itself 
the means of inspiration and survival.  "

Winston Churchill




We each paddle our skin canoe.
Conditions change day to day,
minute to minute.
Will there be a paradise cove, 
surrounded by a loving reef,
containing sweet water?

Unseen, a Helper paddles behind us.
The waters around us are tipped
with the gold of Spirit.

But life's brine
brings on a mighty thirst;
so paddle, paddle. . . 
rest and paddle some more!






Sometimes I just don't want to get out of bed.




I am grateful
and genuinely happy
most of the time.

But some mornings I awake with a start.








Perhaps I should delete all this
and just run some pictures
and some cool quotes;


But I want to share my achievement:
"From Survival to Satisfaction."
Indeed!
(That's the subtitle of my Hawaii novel:
"Aloha Where You Like Go?"
Check it out
HERE )


Like that clown punching-bag
somehow I return upright
to peace and beauty every time.
(Eventually)


Then I'll be embarrassed by this post.
But perhaps there is important truth here:

You are not alone.

Sometimes it just takes us 
a little while to feel good again,
to stop focusing on all the "issues"
and to rediscover
the eternal hum of loving truth
underlying everything.


Perhaps all I need
is to rest a while,
to dream,
to stare,
even to hide away.



Mostly on these days
I just want to quarantine my existential angst
at home.


But today I dare
(Dare I?!)
to show you
the trembling weakling 
behind the curtain.

Isn't that how friends are made?

By being yourself?

So here's this lump of coal
in the stocking of 'Cloudia.'

Let's be human together!

Let's make this
a day of heart
and of new beginnings:
I salute you, 
my friend!

And if you are hiding at home today
like me,
I want you to know
that you are not alone.

 Sometimes
we ALL feel this way.
Life is made of circles,
of seasons, 
of weather inside 
and weather out there.

Let's ride the Comfort Spiral
together!

And if you have the time,
leave me a comment.

For we are blessed 
to feed each other.

Don't look away!
For I am you,
and to love my hurt
is to heal your own-
and the world's. 

           Warmly,  Cloudia

" He that is become mad with sadness 
and heaviness,
 to him ought fair to be spoken
and made merry;
 many things should be promised him,
and some given.
 The same bringeth them
soon to their senses. "


John Hollybush,
  The Homish Apothecary 1561

31 comments:

Cloudia said...

You clicked! Cool. . .

If you would like a signed copy of my book, just drop me an email
at zuzitzu@gmail.com with your mailing address, and who you'd like your copy dedicated to. The cost is $15 USD and may be paid via Pay Pal.

Thanks for being a real pal (pay or not :)

21 Wits said...

Sometimes it's very good to just pull back our curtains!..Maybe even toss them in the washer LOL....and it's always good to pack our issues away...that's what I love about going camping for a weekend, or even a short trip, or perhaps just a day trip...I can leave my troubles behind...put them on the back burner and think only about this moment.....certainly work troubles would be left before entering my car. We are not alone, we are all in this wonderful world together....all we have to do is open our hearts and roam free....come what may.... ;)

Lori Skoog said...

Cloudia...wish I was there to hang out with you today. Your post was a perfect reflection of how you are feeling. There's nothing wrong with a time out..even when you are surrounded by such beauty.

Fireblossom said...

Why would you be embarrassed? Mama told you there'd be days like this, there'll be days like this, mama said lalala...

Jeannie said...

Some days are just not as good as others. If we didn't have them, how could we possibly appreciate the good days? You will feel better soon.

Leilani Schuck Weatherington said...

Coming late to the party re your post on "big waves." I recall the first time I visited Hawaii I stayed with my cousin on Kauai and we went to one of the beaches, and it was not even a beach with "big waves", but it seemed so much bigger and rougher compared with the beaches of Southern California -- I don't think I even went in the water at all.

Commander Zaius said...

Let's be human together!

I'm sorry, I can't I am an alien from the planet Bebo in the Zeta Reticuli star system. I just here to file the paperwork to get a McDonalds franchise on my planet.

Lynn said...

Sometimes hiding at home feels right, but it's always good to be with friends, too. Thanks for sharing your feelings.

Cloudia said...

This is GREAT!

Each of you made me smile :)
Thanks

Anonymous said...

Cloudia, I was in physical pain from a chronic illness. I attended the APW meeting today despite it, received a lei for my 7 years of hard work as newsletter editor and a free lunch, too. The program was excellent! Went home and took a long nap. And guess what, the pain is gone! Yay!

I hope your angst disappears likewise! Cheers!

Anonymous said...

BTW, folks, buy Cloudia's book! I have read it twice and enjoyed it both times!

Kavita Saharia said...

Holding good thoughts for you my friend :) Aloha !

Lisa said...

I have ordered your book Cloudia. Looking forward to receiving it! It is on the way to Malaysia!

Charles Gramlich said...

I was thinking how I live in paradise tonight.

Cloudia said...

Oh Thank YOU!!!

Windsmoke. said...

When the sunrises over Hawaii your darkness will disappear :-).

Rudolph Aspirant said...

I just loved that Yellow Pages photo ! Did you know that in Norway they stopped printing large numbers of White & Yellow pages phone catalogues at mass distribution levels in 2003 ? One could get a real phone book by ordering and, I assume, paying a fee for it, so they still do exist, but they assume that everyone's phone nr. is on the Internet and that everyone has Internet access and is using it. But IT IS NOT the same !

Elephant's Child said...

My favourite Queen Victoria quote was one she is reported to have made after staying somewhere 'no pudding, and no fun'.
Thanks for all the effort you put into finding delightful quotes to go with your beautiful photos.
And some time out is a necessity for me, so I quite understand your wish.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

I too get days like that Cloudia, and I revel in them. They are a good way to spend time with yourself and re-evaluate how things are going in your life. I hope that you're not feeling too glum and that nothing horrible has happened! Congratulations on your book, I will order it and look forward to reading.

UIFPW08 said...

lovely shots,
hi Clodia

Morris
UIFPW08
Cartatadiresche.blogspot

Friko said...

You know how often I am in that place you find yourself in today.
There'll be a door opening out of it, never fear.

Greetings, Friko

LFC Hong Kong said...

so nice!

Betty Manousos said...

sorry to hear you're not feeling well.
hope you feel better REALLY soon.

btw, the photos are really stunning!

hugs
betty xx

the walking man said...

It's not the getting out of bed that I don't want to do it's the how many Vicodan will it take to straighten out my back.

Dave King said...

I think Queen Victoria speaks for many of us.

Daliana Pacuraru said...

" The way is not in the sky.
The way is in the heart. "

Yes, true!
My best regards from Romania!

The Weaver of Grass said...

As usual, lovely wise words Cloudia.

Leovi said...

Really beautiful and lovely photos. No doubt the beauty of the poem makes good company.

Cloudia said...

Thanks friends!

Dr. Russell Norman Murray said...

I like the cat 'sinister' looking but cuddly.

Cloudia said...

Tee Hee !