Saturday, November 19, 2011

Message of the Trees

ALOHA !

I Talk To The Wind by The Crimson Jazz Trio on Grooveshark


These trees carry on a decades-long conversation


" A sure cure for seasickness
is to sit under a tree.  "

Spike Milligan













Wood is as fluid as a dancer,
and just as expressive
if you have eyes & heart to see





" A fool sees not the same tree
that a wise man sees.  "

William Blake














Ah, a message of well-being! 

" A tree against the sky 
possesses the same interest,
the same character,
the same expression 
as the figure of a human. "

Georges Rouault
 









It's all going to be "OK"
more HERE


All things share the same breath
- the beast, the tree, the man-
the air shares its spirit
with all the life it supports.  "

Chief Seattle



  (*)>
/ )
/" 




The Hawaiians believed the same
so they shared their breath
their "HA"
in the ALOHA
and in the HONI greeting;

"The honi is a Polynesian greeting
in which two people greet each other 
by pressing noses and inhaling at the same time.
This is a very honorific as this represents the exchange of ha
--the breath of life--
and mana
spiritual power between two people. "


Source: Renee Bishaw,





Thank YOU
for sharing YOUr mana here with us-
Your comment is always welcome

                                                                Warmly, cloudia

31 comments:

Pierre BOYER said...

Enjoy your day under the tree...
;-)
Best regards,

Pierre

Anonymous said...

I didn't know people were supposed to inhale during the Honi. Exhale, too?

DeniseinVA said...

I always learn very interesting things when I come here. I love trees! Thanks Cloudia.

Magia da Inês said...

♡°
º✿
º° ♥✿
Olá, amiga!
Fotos muito bonitas.
Bom fim de semana!
Beijinhos.
Brasil

❣✿

Anonymous said...

It IS easier to breathe in Hawaii! The "HA: Breath of Life" show at the Polynesian Culture Center was absolutely wonderful. Worth their bus trip over there for you lovely locals. Visitor DrumMajor

Lynn said...

That's a lovely way to greet each other - the Honi.

Birdman said...

Thanks for my daily dose of inspiration.

Hilary said...

It's comforting to know that we all do share the same air... in a mana of speaking. ;)

Reanaclaire said...

Hello Cloudia, coming by to visit your blog.. have a nice weekend!

Akelamalu said...

What a lovely greeting the Honi is. :)

Jeannie said...

"Ha" means water in Mayan.

I love trees - they are so unique.

Loved the first quote - as a seasickness sufferer.

Charles Gramlich said...

Trees are certainly among my favorite organisms.

21 Wits said...

So much power in tree-talk....your kitty may be wondering...is it a live animal that sits so gracefully on my floor....or just wood....? Thanks for sharing the meaning of Aloha again.... most all your words sound like bits of songs....

Kay said...

This was so interesting. We love trees but it's hard to raise them in our own property like on the mainland. This is something new I learned about the honi. Thank you.

Freda said...

Thank you for the photos and the quotes. They help me to understand why I am endlessly fascinated by taking photos of trees against the sky. (From all sorts of angles.)

Anonymous said...

Anything for a blog post that really makes me "see."
Thanks.~Mary

Windsmoke. said...

Bonza photos and the quotes by William Blake and Georges Rouault ring true :-).

Elephant's Child said...

Beautiful. And the one and only time I have been sea sick I would have loved a tree to sit beneath.

Gemel said...

Indeed, if only man would see the entities of the trees. Trees heal because trees feel, they transmit energy to us continually. My vision is that one day we return to the way of the ancients, to behold the interconnectedness of All, trees, animals, man.
Perhaps then our Mother Earth will begin to heal....

Myrna R. said...

I love that Honi greeting. Thanks for explaining it. I had wondered what it meant.

Myrna R. said...

I love that Honi greeting. Thanks for explaining it. I had wondered what it meant.

Pooch Purple Reign said...

its nice to learn more about other cultures. AND trees are awesome !
~laura xx

Cloudia said...

each of these comments was light a hit of fresh air - DELIGHTFUL!

I'm so grateful :-)

SandyCarlson said...

That's a beautiful lesson about the word aloha. Incredible thought. I love our trees. The one that has been shaped by life and keeps on living is my favorite.

Marguerite said...

Lovely post and quotes! What a wonderful way to greet people. Have a great Sunday!

Rosaria Williams said...

So, how did we become so estranged as to stop meeting in person and just be content with virtual communication?
A beautiful reminder of how the world should be.

Cloudia said...

Thanks!

Green Monkey said...

I enjoy the photo's, the quotes and the knowledge, but mostly I enjoy your joy of what surrounds you. breathing deeply I am!

黄清华 Wong Ching Wah said...

Beautifully done, enjoy your weekend my friend !

Betty Manousos said...

those branches are amazing!
look like sculptures.

xx

Cloudia said...

oh THANKS!!