Saturday, November 26, 2011

Saturday Sat & Sang

A L O H A !

 The Great Fire Camel Invites You to a New Day


" I never invite idiots to my house."
Elizabeth Montagu                                                                            



" Love... 
Force it and it disappears.
  You can only guide its expression.
It comes or it goes 
according to those qualities in life
that invite it 
or deny its presence.  "

  David Seabury



















 Sky Oh My!




" God and Nature 
first made us what we are,
and then
out of our own created genius 
we make ourselves
what we want to be. "
 
Marcus Garvey























"Wrong" Side of the Flower?




" A woman said to me
when she first sat down, 
You're photographing
the wrong side of my face.
I said, Oh,
is there one? "

 Imogen Cunningham 
















" Friends, You & I "
"Couldn't Agree More! "



 " What the world needs  
is more geniuses
with humility, 
there are so few
of us left. " 


                           Oscar Levant










Pink Pool of Quiet Joy Splashed Across My Path




" A sense of curiosity
is nature’s original school
of education. "

Smiley Blanton













Volvo Detail; Beauty & Function



“ Nature is not only 
all that is visible to the eye.. 
it also includes
the inner pictures 
of the soul ”


 Edvard Munch














Me & My Bread Machine. 
How few ingredients! All pronounceable! 
I want to thank Alex, the Fairy Hob Mother,
of AppliancesOnLine  
again
for the smashing bread machine 
that I won!
You can read more at my post
HERE

 The smell and taste of home-baked bread is HEAVEN !



 
" The smell of good bread baking,
like the sound of lightly flowing water, 
is indescribable
in its evocation of innocence
and delight. " 

M.F.K. Fisher



   > < } } ( ° >




Time
is the real stuff
of our life.

Don't waste it
on the inessential,
or let your seasons
change
unobserved.

So in what essential
shall we
dwell?


Not
I have learned
in future plans
or BIG moments.

No,
dwell in the texture of
Now.

Light
against window,
light
through eye lids,

Changing changing
. . .

gradations
of 
ETERNITY.

Spending my time
framing my shots,
re-framing my
psychology.


I'm SO glad YOU are on this journey too!
Bless You, Friend-
YOUr comment is appreciated
                                                                              Warmly, cloudia

40 comments:

Dave King said...

Marcus Garvey a tad arrogant, I feel. The rest splendid.

Leovi said...

Beautiful pictures, beautiful colors that ... a pleasure to visit your blog.

the walking man said...

Could the Garvey Quote be sarcasm in motion? If not I totally agree.

who said...

I figured that was her policy. Because I am slightly sensitive and paranoid and shy, I didn't want to get all but hurt if I wasn't invited in. So I sent my daughter to get the ipod.

Lynn said...

Love that fire camel in the sky!

Birdman said...

LOVE your 'explosion' at the start. It sets the day!

Jeannie said...

Another happy day!

tiptoethruphylsgarden.blogspot.com said...

A beautiful welcome to a beautiful day.Your blog is lovely,thanks for dropping by mine,phyllis

PerthDailyPhoto said...

I saw the 'fire camel' straight away, love 'cloud shape' gazing!! Enjoy a slice of home made bread for me over the weekend Cloudia and I'll just imagine the smell of it baking!!

Commander Zaius said...

Great post!

Couture Carrie said...

Awesome post, darling!
Love all these quotes!

xoxox,
CC

Charles Gramlich said...

Mnnmmn, I could go for some fresh bread

Shrinky said...

Mmmmn, there is nothing quite so fine, as the smell of fresh baked bread about the house!

Myrna R. said...

The quotes are all lovely. Your photos and your words are so beautifully inspiring. Thank you Cloudia.

Teresa said...

Hooray for your bread machine!! Looks delicious. I love the phrase about living in the texture of your life now. It is interesting to think about how life is textured.

Giga said...

Najbardziej podoba mi się cytat pod pięknym kwiatem różowego hibiskusa. Pozdrawiam

Reader Wil said...

Beautiful photos! And meaningful words! Groetjes, Wil

Joop Zand said...

Very good pictures Cloudia..... well done.

have a very nice weekend.

Bye, Joop

Friko said...

handsome photos and meaningful quotes. As always, greeting, dear girl.

FilipBlog said...

The first cloud is on fire.

Greetings,
Filip

Windsmoke. said...

Bonza photos i especially like the camel cloud in the 1st photo. Quotes by Smiley Blanton and Edvard Munch get my vote. Ya can't go past Vegemite on toast for breakfast yummmy :-).

JTG (Misalyn) said...

I don't what is happening to my PC, it's acting up since 3 days ago, I can see some of the photos especially the first and second. I love the Great Fire Camel--so lucky of you to have that shot. Guess you really love watching the sky or sky gazing.

By the way, Happy belated Thanksgiving! Thank you for the warm thoughts and inspiring words that you have given.

Warm Aloha and Salaam Cloudia.

Cloudia said...

Reading your remarks is a major high point of ANY day. Thank YOU
SO much!

Anonymous said...

Honesty and love, probably without a standpoint of view, as honest as bread, life does learn from your compositions.
Please have you all a good weekend.

Cloudia said...

thank you, Robert

The Write Girl said...

I enjoyed the quotes, images, and your poem. Each one is so reflective and thought provoking.

Elephant's Child said...

LOVE the fire camel. Well spotted and well caught. Thanks.

黄清华 Wong Ching Wah said...

Lately, the skies are really in great colors before the rain ...

Rosaria Williams said...

You and your bread machine will be indivisible! Love, love, love fresh bread, pizza, focaccia, all sorts of baked sustenance.

Cloudia said...

SO happy that YOU could come by!


Thank YOU

magiceye said...

visiting your blog is a stroll through wisdom

namaste /\ from mumbai
aloha!

Kavita Saharia said...

Happy Sunday :)

Cloudia said...

Happy!
yes, thanks :-)

Pseudo said...

I was in Waikiki today, picking my son up.

And I LOVE the smell of bread baking.

Gemel said...

As always I feel uplifted from a visit to your page, and now, hungry too. Fresh bread...........yum!

Kay said...

I've seen several blog posts about appreciating the NOW. It's so true isn't it? I keep worrying about the future and I should just focus on enjoying the now. I need those reminders.

Bob Bushell said...

Beautiful shots, and that one with the birds in, please can you tell me what is it called?

Feisty Crone said...

Great colors!

Hilary said...

I didn't know you smoke! You've lit up a Camel. ;)

21 Wits said...

Aloha! I invite that charming camel for a stroll across the sky!...